Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How has everyone been doing on speckled trout this fall. Picked up nine Sunday up to 4 pounds....had to work for them.....only thing they seem to want to bite is a particluar mirror lure i use. Anybody else had any luck. Should be prime season for them the next 2 weeks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cant give away my hot spots, haha but unless they are thick mirror lures are all you will catch them on. fish in 3-6 feet of water near grass beds......if there are any edges or oyster beds around thats an added bonus......good luck

·
Registered
58 Posts
We caught some nice ones Last saturday on 5" opening night Bass Assassins on grass beds. very slow retrieve using a popping cork. louder the better. See chesapeake bay threads. md. Shallows

·
Registered
177 Posts
Jiggy,
I caught some on a green w/ orange belly Mirrolure (don't know the #), but also lost a bunch of fish, too. I caught almost a limit of fish up to 23 1/2" on 4" grubs. Nothing fancy.
I also caught a good one (22") the next time out on a Zara spook. Missed a few on that, too. I like grubs, because when I set the hook, I feel like I'm gonna get him in the boat.
T

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
for mirror lures use the MR38's they have been the hottest the best color ive found so far is 21 the only place ive been able to find them is directly off the mirror lure web site

1 - 10 of 10 Posts