Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
havent been in a few weeks .. me n my son waited till it warmed up a bit .. got on the water at 1045 am .. water temp was 54 .. we had 4 fish all one to 3 lbs .. he had his on a blue jig n pig . i caught mine on a tomateo worm by culprit .. had to come in by 230 battery died out .. wind blew hard all day . water temp was 58 when we left .. battery was over two yrs old been acting up .. so i got my self an early xmas gift and bought a blue top deep cycle marine optima battery .. as much as i fish yr round i was told go with optima .. good luck anglers we need some more posts on here ..

·
Registered
320 Posts
sunday

fished sunday in a tourney on the nottaway river. sucked for us with only 4 fish biggest being 2nhalf lbs. 1st place had 14lbs and i think he caught those out of somerton creek. wind blew hard all day long. miserable day on the water. it will get better as the winter goes on. thats when we catch our biggest 5 fish bags. jigs and crank baits caught what we had. also caught some pike and blackfish and some fish with a mouth like a bass and a body of a bream and can't remember the name of them to save my life. pesty little fish but hit a jig hard. tight lines

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
optima battery

from advanced auto parts .. deep cycle marine battery .. the price was wrong but he had to ring it up on the advertised price .. i save 36 bucks lol .. also you can go to optima batteries.com and save lil money and free shipping for a limtied time .. i got the blue top marine .. if i tell you the price youll faint .. . but i dont want to get the asst mgr in trouble .. good luck .. p.s my brother has a yellow top marine hes had 6 yrs still going strong ..

·
Registered
368 Posts
Warmouth or Roanoke Rock Bass

Mouth of a bass, body of a bream and pesky as all get out .... warmouth. Of course on the Nottaway it could have been a Roanoke Rock Bass. What was the eye color??

Tight lines,
Dan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts