Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all, first post on the forum, and i am asking for help!! I am looking to get 8 reasonably priced spinning combos for my son's Boy Scout den, so I can take them out on their first fishing trip. My son is the only one of the 8 that has ever been, and each parent has to lead an activity with the den, I'm probably crazy trying to take 8 7 year olds, but what the hell, it'll be a day full of snags and lost tackle (kinda like when I fish ). So, i would like to be able to give each kid his own rod to keep, so I am trying to keep it around 100 bucks total (12 or so bucks a piece). Looking for 5-6 foot rods, med light action prespooled or with tackle would be great, but not necessary. I have checked e bay, and they have great deals on there till they murder you with shipping. If anyone can help, or know of someplace to check, I'd appreciate it. Thanks

·
Registered
241 Posts
How heavy of a rod are you looking for? Last year around this time I grabbed a couple Quantum 6.5' medium action combos to beat up for $14.99/ea. They've lasted through one good season of abuse so far.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
12 bucks huh.. Hmm I can donate a few rods and reels that work. I have maybe three I can part with.There not Stellas, but their not Zebcos either. I'm in Upper Montgomery COunty, where are you ?

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Check out this web site

http://www.futurefisherman.org/

Click on the E-store link.

They offer discounts of stuff just for that. This is a good organization by the way. I am a teacher and run a summer camp and we use them alot. E-mail them your organization and they will give you a password to access their site in a few days. They do have what you are looking for.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the replys and great ideas. I am in Howard County and will probably be taking the boys to Centennial Lake in early April.

Erikrs- I was looking at the quantums on ebay some guy has a lot of 5 for 79 bucks with free shipping. thats pretty close to what I hope to spend, glad to hear they hold up fairly well

Brian, thanks for the generous offer, but I am hoping to get them all the same set up so there are no hard feelings (not from the boys, they'll love just getting out, but from the other parents...sad i should even have to worry about that).

Francis- I am going to check that link out thanks

Shawn- ollie's is a great idea someone else suggested big lots as well

OF-I will be giving him a call on Mon morn, as I have to head to work soon. Thanks for the info

Thanks again

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well all, stopped by Walmart on the way home from work to get diapers and since I was there.... so, I got 8 5 1/2 foot Daiwa spinning combos on clearance for 6 bucks a piece! Thanks again for all your help and ideas. Pine car derby today, so I have to polish and lube the axles! Can't wait to give them their rods but the derby is gonna be enough excitement for 1 day.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Soory to the board for posting this here, couldn't get bmail to work.

Get the hell out!! Jack Vorsteg????? Everyone is great, we've got three boys now. I still have the Bayliner for tubing with the kids and I picked up a 16 foot center console for crabbing. By the way Rand and Suz are coming up this way around Valentines Day, and we're trying to get a happy hour together with Dick Davies and the likes. Give me a call on my cell 410-371-1434. PS-I still drink a few (doz) every now and then, but try to limit it to days that end in 'y'.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.