Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw my first Tom all blowed up this morning putting on a show for the ladies out in a grass pasture...I think were gonna miss the prime time here in Md.

Jason

·
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mid april-mid may..might work out ok once the hens are bres then maybe the Toms will be more prone to looking for or coming into calls.

Jason

·
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nothing says you wont. We should still be in good position for good days. Toms will breed into late may. Hunting pressure is what can change things late in the season.

Jason

·
Registered
286 Posts
not even close to beginning the breeding season here. we need 55 degree temp at first light for some reason. all the birds are still flocked up, hens w/ hens and gobs w/gobs. when they break apart things will happen, just like deer. last year it was late for us.
they didn't really get hot until the beginning of may. i'm in montgomery county. things might be different by you though. plus you have many more birds in your country.
this is only what i have observed, and i hit it hard looking for mr. tom
i think we'll be just fine on timing. good luck and shoot straight.
-slm[excited]

·
Registered
388 Posts
with the daylight lengthening the birds should be getting into the mood, season here in Va starts in a few weeks, probobly going to take a drive saturday morning and look for some birds, can't wait to get in the woods.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts