Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally splashed in boat this morning for the 1st time this season sporting a new shiney white Evinrude 250 E TEC motor.[excited][excited] Talk about something sweeeeet. Had to look at the tach to see if it was running.[grin] Did a few hole shots and the boat just jumped. I'm really impressed so far. As soon as I'm sure all the junk has been flushed out of the water I'll give her a real test. From what I can tell so far she's dead quiet, smooth as a babies a$$, and jumps out of the hole w/o hesitation.[grin] Yea I'm a happy camper.[smile]

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[Q]BigWillJ originally wrote:
A 250 on a 23 footer?? You in a hurry to git somewhere?

[excited][wink]
[/Q]Even though it's labeled as a 231 she's really a 25'er. I took a 225 Merc off. I'm not sure yet what the additional 25 horses will mean but I'll find out later in the week when I'm sure there's no logs or trees in the water. I'm hoping that the prop is the right match.[wink]

·
Registered
7,588 Posts
I'm trying to think of anything which creates as much anticipation as wanting to give it a go, while taking heed of the junk in the water...nothing comes to mind......hope ya get the chance soon.

I'll share this little story, though it's really comparing apples to oranges in your situation....for several reasons - one, I've got a Yamaha, and two, it's an older version of a carbed big block.

When we bought the boat (23' Parker), I wanted a 225 or 250, instead of the 200 which came with the offer. Dealer said the few extra mph's probably wouldn't be worth the extra fuel used. I went with the 200, so I have no way of knowing if that was altogether true. The boat will do 44 mph (tracking speed), and that's pretty much flying in a boat that size.

All that's to say, and given what you've already described about your new motor's performance, I'm sure you'll be happy with your upgrade, whatever else it gives you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts