Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Was at the boat show today and looked at the Sport Craft 3010 boat. Seems like a very nice boat for fishing and cruising. Has a nice fishing area and a great interior with a table, and nice big bed. My wife and I are looking for a bigger boat about this size and just wanted to see if anyone had opinions on this brand of boat. Brand new they are $160000.00 with twin inboards, generator, heat and a/c but I am sure you could find one new for a lot less. Any info would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
13,936 Posts
I believe Sportcraft went out of business for a while and came back. A friend had a 22' Sportcraft and it was a good boat..........Gary

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Some down side things I noticed

I just spent 6 days fishing a 26 foot w/twin outboards and was able to experince just about every sea condition from dead calm to 7' seas. The key thing I found intolerable was the lack of flair on the bow. This produces a VERY WET ride when running a heads-up sea and just slightly off-center of dead-on heads-up. This allowed the wave when hit to push up the hull and straight back in to the cockpit area even when only running in a 3' heads-up sea.
The first step going down in to the cabin seemed to be much longer then normal and produced an awkward last step when stepping back on to the deck level. I frankly prefer a boat with higher gunwalls for safety especially in rough water. On this 26' boat, Mid-ship cleats were an "Option" --- Come on, that's a no-brainer and should be part of a normal set-up. The lack of the mid-ship cleat made tying-off at a slip very difficult since the only place for a spring line was the hardtop frame. I also found that the installation of the curtins left gaps in key places that allowed water to come through. On this particular set-up, the steering wheel was so close to the throttles that you could not turn the wheel without hitting the throttles and usually hitting the engine trim switches when crusing. I realize that some of these factors may not play on the 30 foot model. Just giving you the drawbacks I found on this model so you might have things to look for.
Good luck on whatever you buy.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
You may want to check out the used 30' Grady Tri-State has on their web site. I know the previous owner (they traded up to a 33) This boat is in top condition, was always well maintained and has all the right electronics. You can get a better boat for a whole lot less.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I had a 20 footer CC years ago right about when they went out of business. I have no clue what their status is now but I would never buy a Sport-Craft again. I do realize that you are talking a whole different model number but Grady23 made a lot of good points that I would agree with. I have never had a wetter boat than that 20 footer. The hardware and nuts and bolts and stuff like that were terrible. No one was around to help me when I needed repairs. I believe that they were based out of Perry Florida at the time. Never again...........

Frank
"Skirtchaser"
Pro-Line 25WA

·
Registered
8,589 Posts
Wow 160k. I am not sure what they sell for now but for cruising and fishing I would look at Stamas 29 or 31 High quality, great combo layouts.

Also check out Albins. They recently were aquired by Shamrock (Palmer Marine). I think I saw a left over 28 with a single diesel for less than that. Again, a great combo layout (and good resale on these)

·
Registered
13,936 Posts
Now is not a good time to buy a new boat. GREAT deals on used boats. Check TF classified or Craigs list. I'm not in the market for a boat now but I love to look at the great deals around....Gary

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sport Craft hopefully changed there fitup because it was very sloppy before they went out of business, think it was 2002 or so. 160K could be spent on a better low hour boat

·
Premium Member
26,104 Posts
I'd be careful buying a boat that is not well known - the resale value will be nil.

I looked at just about every boat out there before buying a Grady.In 11 seasons of hard fishin there has been almost zero troubles.Three lightbulbs/two wiper blades/two seat slides/one helm seal ($30.00) is about it.

You get what you pay for in boats.For $160,000.00 you can buy a brand new 27 foot Grady and have alot left over for fuel for many seasons.

If you want to fish on mine-send a B-mail.IMHO- she is one of the best fishing boats that can be trailered.She can fish side by side with the bigger boats and most days outrun them :thumbup:.Plenty of room for 4-5 people but still small enough to fish alone.

Resale value is great :yes:.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
I've got no experience with Sport Craft, but there is one at
labmarineinc.com

that is a repo'ed boat, is late model and is being sold for less than 70k.
make it contingent upon a surveyed if you do decide to move on it.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
labmarineinc.com

·
Registered
66 Posts
30 marlin

I got a 30 ft. gradywhite marlin 2004 650 hrs. Loaded with everything plus a 05 tri axle trailer. bought with 10 hr for 165000 will sell for much lower. Call me if your interested.

Brian
443-336-3360

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
labmarineinc.com

·
Registered
480 Posts
I have an old 30' Sportcraft Sportfisherman and it is solid as a rock and is a great fishing boat. Unless you want a new boat, buy an old Sportcraft and put a new motor in it. I paid 9,500.00 for mine, on its 4th season and still going strong.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts