Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pro Bass, in Hampton has a scheduled speaking program at their location this weekend, March 2, 3, and 4th...The speakers have a tight schedule--30 minutes to tell their story...a speaker every thirty minutes all weekend, beginning at 6 pm Friday night(6 speakers); Sat March 3 -- 11 am to 6 pm ; another Non-stop schedule of 15 speakers ...and again on Sunday, March 4 -- 11 am to 6 pm 14 more are scheduled at half hour intervals. Free and open to public. All sportfishing topics...(some freshwater, some kayaking)

sorry my computer would not copy the list and times of individual speakers...look in the local newspaper...

Bob Allen, Hampton, VA

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just found out today that Jimmy Houston will be at Bass Pro in Hampton on Thursday 3/1/307, from 4pm until 7pm. He will be signing autographs and maybe doing a tank demo. :clap:

·
Registered
976 Posts
speakers

Got this off the BPS website

March 2, 2007
Time Pro Name Sponsor Seminar
6:00 Dr. Bob Allen Wire Lining Flounder
6:30 Dr. Julie Ball Tautog
7:00 Capt. Herb Gordon, Pretty Work Charters, Wire Lining Striped Bass
7:30 Richard Welton Wire Lining 101
8:00 Charlie Randolph, Sportsman's Magazine, What Makes a Great Sporting Photo?
8:30 Mathew "Buzz" Goodwin, Virginia State Nitro Team, Tank Demonstration

March 3,2007
11:00 Tim Wilson, Tim's Guide Service, Kerr Lake Through The Season
12:00 Al Napier, Bass Pro Shops, Fish Feeding
12:00 Gil Rigo Wreck Fishing
12:30 Don Lancaster, Fishing Tidewater, Fishing the Chickahomany
1:00 Dr. Julie Ball Tautog Fishing
1:30 Teddy Carr, Outdoor Action With Teddy Carr/ Bass Pro Shops, Teddy Carr's go-to baits when the bite is tough
2:00 Capt Max King, Chesapeake Angler Magazine, Eeling for Striped Bass
2:30 Scott Hammer, Outdoor Action With Teddy Carr/ Bass Pro Shops
3:00 Kayak Kevin & Ric Burnley, www.kayakkevin.com, Fish Opportunities (in a kayak)
3:30 Ed Lewis, VA Nitro State Team, Spinner Bait, Buzz Bait Fishing
4:00 Claude Bain, VA Game Fish Tagging Program, Game Fish Tagging
4:30 James Plessinger, VA Nitro State Team, Crank Bait Fishing
5:00 Capt. Stan Gold, TCC Maritime Center, Obtaining your Capt. License
5:30 Chuck Hart, VA Nitro State Team, Night Fishing

March 4, 2007
11:00 Tim Wilson ,Tim's Guide Service, Kerr Lake Through The Seasons
11:30 Chuck Hart, VA Nitro State Team, Night Fishing
12:30 Ed Lewis, VA Nitro State Team, Spinner Bait, Buzz Bait Fishing
1:30 Teddy Carr, Outdoor Action With Teddy Carr/ Bass Pro Shops, Springtime Hideouts for Large Mouth Bass
2:00 Capt Max King, Chesapeake Angler Magazine, Eeling for Striped Bass
2:30 Scott Hammer, Outdoor Action With Teddy Carr/ Bass Pro Shops
3:00 Kayak Kevin, www.kayakkevin.com, Panhandle to Cape Henry (1800 mile tour)
3:30 Steve York, Bass Pro Shops, Trout Fishing the Hot Ditch
4:00 Capt. Stan Gold, Hampton Roads Maritime Training Center, Obtaining your Captians License

Times, speakers, and topics subject to change.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Surprised there is nothing for local anglers of NC waters. Stuff like gigging in the sounds...sound fishing...fishing many of the local rivers (perquimans, pasquotank, choptank, etc)...

I know the store is in VA and NC has it's own store (too friggin far)...why cater to VA only?

Sean

·
Registered
270 Posts
I went tonight and it was very informative. They were all great speakers.:thumbup:
GIL

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sean: your question is valid...Ithink they(Pro Bass)--s would, like I , like to have speakers from NC. If you know of persons willing to speak about NC fishing, contact Rebecca at Pro Bass...send me a B-mail...or contact Don Lancaster...I think Don got many of his friends to be speakers. The way I got aboard was, I volunteered....I called Don Lancaster on his radio program one Saturday morning when he had Rebecca on his show and she put me down. Bob Allen Hampton

I would especially like to hear someone who gigs for flounder... RBA

My statement related to NC fishing applies to anyone interesting in being on the program with experties in the subject he wants to talk about...

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Speaking on Tog today...

I hope to meet more of you today at BPS. I will speak on Tog fishing today at 1pm. I was delighted with the crowd at 6:30pm on a FRIDAY Night. To my surprise, someone counted over 70 folks squeezing in...they need to enlarge the speaking area!:D They have the best speakers in the area this year. I'm looking forward to hearing them.

I met LOTS of folks, and enjoyed a hundred questions...:sweatdrop:

I will also be standing as a Shimano Pro Staff all day today and Sunday.

If you are not fishing, feel free to come and say hello.

Julie

1 - 9 of 9 Posts