Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The spot bite was just getting good! Then came high winds, rain and now Joaquin is forming and on the way up the coast. With the opening of rockfish season I'm hoping the weather will bring some migratory fish along.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Honestly, I am hoping we get 6-10 inches of rain inland of the entire Chesapeake basin to give it a big ole flushola!!! Not looking to send the poop bacteria through the watershed but, our toilet is long overdue for a decent flushing. In time, I am convinced some of our current ills would be reversed.

Go Mother Nature go!!!

R

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I spent most of the summer searching for small Spot around the G. Wicomico to put in my bait cage. They were around, but I never found great numbers like the guys on the Rapp. I just recently spent part of an afternoon hauling in 30 or so. It felt like I hit the jackpot. They were a little bigger than the size I prefer for bait, but at this point I'm not going to be fussy.

Spot 9-2015.jpg

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Saw folks pulling in gigantic spot @ Whiting Creek last week. When and if the 'yellow bellies' arrive BW's are usually gone. Spot are tasty...but give me a blue or croaker.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We were on them all summer in lower potomac but they were moving around quite a bit, especially the last couple weeks. Going to be out a bit this week and weekend hopefully.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts