Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found many spot? Is it a late start this year. Any help is appreciated.
I will be out tomorrow morning looking for spot. PM
PHP:
me and I will let you guys know how it went.

·
Premium Member
26,177 Posts
I got a few south of bridge yesterday in 18-20 feet.

The bite was subtle - but once hooked - they went crazy. I used a very limber tip rod and loose drag to avoid pulling hook on them.

They were large 7-9 inchers. Did hear second hand some 4-6 inchers in shallow water - 5-10 feet.

One thing - if you find any Spot - the Rock literally will fight over them right now.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Drifted for 1 /4 hours at Podicary Pt Thurs and caught endless perch in 13 to 18 ft with many doubles.Not one spot.Had hopes to liveline.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Most recent attempt was Thursday PM before the TStorm at a place in South River on thursday eve that delivered perfect size when everywhere else they seemed huge last year. Rapid fire perch though w/lots of doubles in 9 to 12ft, but no spot. Last Saturday weekend tried south of bridge w/no joy, weekend before that WR green#1. Will be looking again over either Sat PM or Sunday happy to exchange info via PM.

lubbernomo
Bluewater 2350 out of South River

·
Registered
185 Posts
Update: tried Poplar Island narrows Saturday late afternoon hoping to land a few for some evening side LL but nothing turned up...hunted around from 8 to 15' in the cut.

lubbernomo
Bluewater 2350 out of South River

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
There have been a few near the #1 green at the Rhode/West in 15 to 25 feet of water on the live hard bottoms west of the can, but its not worth going out of your way for unless you are targeting perch as well.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I've only been fishing the bay for 3 years and haven't witnesses the "cycles" or "normalcies" of the bay it's fishery - but Based on the spot reports and the time of year, does anyone still think they are late? Or have we overfished them so much they will need time to recover? I know last year we caught a lot of 7-8" spot and the ones so far this year have been the same. Where are the 3-4" spot?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Caught 6 monsters (8-9") at Hacketts yesterday.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Ditto at Hacketts. Smaller bunch in PM, but like last year all bigs. Perch galore, with lots of doubles. No joy with rock N of bridge though.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Just think about the 10's of thousands of small spot killed and used for live lining near Eastern Bay the last few years. That may be why we don't see any small Spot now. I have heard the commercial spot potters from hoppers can't catch any this year either.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts