Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after doing spme research ive made my spread what you think

planer rods port tandems closer to board is 1/3 tandem out 100 feet moving in i would have a 2/5 90 out and than 3/6 out 80 then 3/7 out 70 then 3/8 out 60 then 10/6 out 50

for starboard i run all singles 2,3,5,6,8,10 out 110 by board and decreasing 10feet each comin towards boat

as far as boat rods all large umbrellas with 6oz. parchutes behind them
all inline weights starboard 10oz. out 120 and 16oz. out 80
port 20oz. out 60 and 12oz. out 100

·
Registered
204 Posts
sounds pretty good... i have singles, tandems, umbrellas, i drag spreader bar teasers to draw attention to the surface on calm days, i drag spoons, rapalas and my favorite is a daisy chain!! my favorite spread is the one they are biting on!! you smack one in the face they bite like a cat with a feather on a string brother, good luck

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Looks good except in my experience it helps to have a heavier lure closest to the board, the additional weight and drag makes it pull out much easier than a lighter lure combo.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Obviously a busy spread and I assume you have the boards out a fair distance. As the clips/bands pop the spread will change as you re-set lines. So on busy days the board spread changes quickly.

The first time you set it you might try a few tight turns to see how it handles those as far as fowling lines. Nothing worse than spending time untangling instead of fishing. Opening days there will be many tight quarter turns and a spread that can handle coarse changes is less of a headache. Many like a spoon/chute down the middle WWB on less congested days.

Good luck and let us know how it works out.

Greg
'Compromise'

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I support TidalFish.
2,946 Posts
Instead of 6oz chutes behind the umbrellas put a 2 oz chute on the outside position on opposite arms. You might also change out the umbrella with 10 oz out 120 to a 6 oz back 180. That has been a good producer for me.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
I just wonder why you limit yourself to non-tandems on the starboard side. I pretty much run ALL tandems except an umbrella or 2.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Watch the weather and wind. Nothing like a flipped planner board with 6 lines attached. ASK ME HOW I KNOW?doh:eek2::hysterical:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts