Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you use to attach the middle line to the spreader bar? Trying to make my own and it looks like some kind of plastic collar which the bar goes through side ways and crimped in place.Then middle line run down through plastic collar and crimped at both ends. Is this how everybody does it or is there a better way? If so How?

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Here's what I do:

In the center of the bar I crimp in place a regular ole barrel swivel; one eye of the swivel has the bar through it and it's held in place by single barrel crimps on either side. I then run my center chain through the other eye of the swivel and position it on the chain with beads and crimps on the center chain. This probably makes no sense.

·
Registered
12 Posts
spreader bars

I rip down a half inch piece of starboard a inch wide, then drill a hole for the bar,then off set another hole for the line to pass tru, balance the bar then crimp both sides of the starboard, or drill a hole tru a boone bird crimp both sides of the bird and you have a splash bar. It takes a little practice, I use stainless welding rods for the bars cheap and work great.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I like running mine from the flat off a cleat or short rigger teaser reel and have a release clip off the center line. I ran 400 lbs mono threw the center swivel, then crimped to a second large swivel. Added some chafe guard to the main line before I made the conection. Ran the center line off the added second swivel and attached a flat line release clip with a roller behind the last squid. I don't have to fight the bar, I can run any hook bait I want, and with the roller release, I can adjust the distance the hook bait rides behind the bar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts