Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday 3/26 - Went to DVL to find water 47 deg. and no fish. De-winterized boat and cottage, exercised the boat lift, and ran the 23 Center (ProLine #1) to get the funk out of our system. Pullage needs in bad shape. Couldn't even get fuel from Norview, couldn't find a soul there - depressing.

Sunday 3/27 - Went to church and praised God and thanked him for all that we are fortunate for. Amen.

Monday 3/28 - rain, rain, rain - bored and itching for BIG pullage, my son and I went to the lower James R. for BIG blue cats....used fresh alewife caught in a cast net for bait. Caught nice cats, no citations, and a 25" FAT striper (by accident). All fish returned. Pullage satisfied, but catfish are nasty in my opinion. Off to Walkers' Dam today to get a bucket of herring to put away for breakfast / crab pot bait later on.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Tues. 3/29 - herring run at Walker's Dam in moderate swing, got a dozen or two for the crab pots later on using the one and only sabiki rig ; good father/son day - saw two ten pound stripers brought in on cut herring, along with catfish and Mr. Grinnell....

Wed. 3/30 - honey-do day around the house

Thurs. 3/31 thru weekend - going back to DVL to relax, eat seafood, mend crab pots, cast a jig or two for trout in the creek with the skiff.....only in America......aye...aye

WA

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.