Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning has started for a Chesapeake Angler Magazine/ Northern Neck Anglers Club Spring Fishing Seminar.

Chesapeake Angler Magazine will be the financial sponsor for the seminar. Northern Neck Anglers Club will produce the show.

Proposed date is Saturday March 25, 2006.

Proposed location is Northumberland County Community Center (about one mile east of Brown's Store on route 615).

Proposed speakers are Chesapeake Angler Magazine writers and other knowledgeable persons.

Proposed schedule is six speakers starting at 9AM with an hour for lunch.

A light lunch and drinks will be available on site.

Subjects will be mostly about fishing in the Chesapeake Bay and tidal rivers for such species as Rockfish, Flounder, Spadefish, Spanish mackerel & Bluefish, Bottom fish, etc.

The Community Center is a new two year old, very nice building with a seating capacity of 250 people.

Admission and lunch will be a minimal amount. Admission will be first by advance reservation and second by walk-in.

If possible there will be a few door prizes.

There will not be tackle sales at this event.

I am giving you this advance heads up on the program so that you can respond with any ideas or suggestion that you might have to make the event a success. Please feel free to post them or bmail me any that you have. Dave

·
Registered
659 Posts
Capt. Dave,
Will do whatever you need me to do. Will set date on my calander. Even help days prior to help set things up. Think its a wonderful idea.
Bubba[angel][angel]

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We moved ahead a little.

1. Karen Jett confirmed the support of the Chesapeake Angler Magazine for the seminar.

2. We pretty well settled on Sat. March 25, 2006 as the seminar date.

3. Mrs. Barry Smith, Tom Smith's wife, has agreed to head up the food service effort.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Further progress.
1. we reserved the March 25th date.
2. we informed the Fishermens Museum of our date.
3. got a couple of offers to help.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
More progress. Have signed contract for Chesapeake Angler Magazine and paid deposit on Northumberland Community Center for Saturday, March 25, 2006 to hold seminar there.
Have commitments from Capt. Jeff Gantnier to do a presentation on fishing for Spanish Mackerel and from Capt. Mike Quade to do a talk (I hope on trolling for flounder).
Have advised the Reedville Fishermens Museum about our seminar date.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Capt. Dave I will be available either the day before, the day of, or hopefully both to assist anyway needed. Looking forward to it!

Mushy

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tim, as of now the proposed admission is $10 for non-members of the Northern Neck Anglers Club which includes $5 for their lunch which would be provided by NNAC. The admission for NNAC members (since the Club was producing the event) would be $5 and the Club would pay for the members' lunches.

Do you have any comment on the proposed fees?

·
Registered
32 Posts
The fee's sound very resondable to me for some good info and fellowship. The ride to Reedville may stop some people but by March everyone will be ready for a road trip near the water.

Tim

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
More progress. We now have Capt. Bob Reed and Tim Sherman on board as speakers. They are both writers for the Chesapeake Angler Magazine.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
fish42, you are right about Dr. Jim being a very knowledgeable angler. I've never heard him do a talk and I don't know him personally. I met him once at a Virginia Anglers Club banquet but that's about all. I'm sure he could do an excellent talk. I'll keep him in mind. Thanks for the suggestion.

My initial goal was to get as many of the writers for the Chesapeake Angler Magazine to do the talks as possible because the show is being presented by and sponsored by the magazine. Dr. Jim is not one of their writers. We do have several writers who will be doing the talks including Bob Reed, Tim Sherman, and Billy Pipkin. A couple of other writers have not responded yet. From outside the magazine, Jeff Gantnier has an excellent presentation on trolling for Spanish Mackerel. Mike Quade, another outsider, has some neat tackle ideas that he will bring out in his talk. If you come to the show, you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
fish42, any person age 18 or older who has an interest in fishing can join the NNAC. Where the person lives makes no difference. We have members who live all over Virginia including in the Shennandoah Valley, in Maryland, West Virginia, and Pennsylvania.
The annual dues are $25. For this members get to fish all six of the regular tournaments and any other angling events free of charge as well as attending the free picnics, and members meetings. Members recieve a monthly newsletter giving Club news and information. Members also recieve discounts on such items as tackle, boating supplies, meals, and ramp fee from area businesses.
If you would like more information you can B-Mail me your name and address and I will mail it to you promptly. Dave

1 - 19 of 19 Posts