Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, My name is Bob, and used to go under the handle Bob G. When I retired and lost my work email, I couldn't seem to update my registration with TF, but with the site updates I'm in again. Just want to provide the background to say thanks to all the posters that continued to provide info while I was in lurking mode.

So, this spring I've been fishing the Rapp and its tributaries as have for years. Light tackle in the shallows. Differences I see this year include, first off, it took the water a bit longer to warm up this year. Second, fewer trout compared to last year's banner catches. More puppy drum, with several 17-17.5 inches, but no keepers. I catch at least one or two every trip at odd places, and in May found a bunch on an oyster bar in the lower river. But no keepers to date. Relatively few stripers. In early May had a trip where a buddy and I got several in the 21-22 inch range, but haven't seen a keeper since. More grass. Good news! Seems a lot of the shallow beds are doing well, but haven't taken the time to ID what kind. I plan on doing that.

Would be glad to hear others experiences. Thanks.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Hi all, My name is Bob, and used to go under the handle Bob G. When I retired and lost my work email, I couldn't seem to update my registration with TF, but with the site updates I'm in again. Just want to provide the background to say thanks to all the posters that continued to provide info while I was in lurking mode.

So, this spring I've been fishing the Rapp and its tributaries as have for years. Light tackle in the shallows. Differences I see this year include, first off, it took the water a bit longer to warm up this year. Second, fewer trout compared to last year's banner catches. More puppy drum, with several 17-17.5 inches, but no keepers. I catch at least one or two every trip at odd places, and in May found a bunch on an oyster bar in the lower river. But no keepers to date. Relatively few stripers. In early May had a trip where a buddy and I got several in the 21-22 inch range, but haven't seen a keeper since. More grass. Good news! Seems a lot of the shallow beds are doing well, but haven't taken the time to ID what kind. I plan on doing that.

Would be glad to hear others experiences. Thanks.
I have had good luck on undersize c and r stripers early before the season. Have caught nice trout 20 and 23 inches and a couple of pups one made the 18 in cut. All caught along weed beds next to drop offs on 1/8 and 1/4 oz plastic chicken on a chain bass assassins. I fish 3 to 6 ft. of water.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have had good luck on undersize c and r stripers early before the season. Have caught nice trout 20 and 23 inches and a couple of pups one made the 18 in cut. All caught along weed beds next to drop offs on 1/8 and 1/4 oz plastic chicken on a chain bass assassins. I fish 3 to 6 ft. of water.
Thanks for the report Charlie. I like the Chicken on a Chain BA too. Also the Electric Chicken. Hope you get more of those trout and pups. I'm hoping to find some this weekend.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts