Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got to Breezy Point this morning at 7:15 am and found a long line of boats waiting to launch.Had to be 8-9 ahead of me and by the time I launched another 12-13 behind me.Looked like springtime.Fellow Tfer Tung and his brother Hung met me at the ramp and we headed SE towards #78- hoping it would not be crowded.Saw alot of boats there so we continued south.Found small Terns working the water and tried a few drops with jigs but no takers.Nothing on the meter but bait so we ran another mile and set out the spread on the western edge in 55 feet.Got all 19 rods out by 9:00 and it surprised me we did not get a hit setting the lures.Swung east and went out into the channel.In 74' a single white 80' off the board got hit and Hung reeled in a fat 37 incher.He is on the left.

We had another fish hit but it missed the hook.About 10:00 another white single got hit and Tung reeled that one in.We stayed about 2 miles north of all the boats at the CP marker and about 3 miles south of the crowd at #78.Just went east/west all by ourselves.At 10:45 a single chart got hit and Tung had his hands full.The fish really put on a show but was soon in the net.She was 39 inchers but carried her weight to the tail.Hand scale showed 27 lbs.

This made our over 28'' limit so we decided to play C/R rather then rerig for smaller Rock.Saw a few Gannets diving and had some bait on the meter.Saw this guy running for the hot bite off PLO.

I want one.Heard a TFer warn of a south bound tug towing a " mile long" barge.Once it went by- we saw it was a dredger with a very long tow.Not a mile but damn close.

Water temp. was 51* and the wind was about 5 knots.The sun warmed us up - it was almost like a cool spring day.About 11:45 another planer got hit-again the single side.This one ate a white parachute with a purple shad.

I get them at Marty's - the purple has been doing really well.We caught a fish about every 30 minutes or so and most came from the deeper water.Stayed in the one area - everywhere else looked crowded.

This photo shows how I C/R with no net.

We had 7 fish landed and where about to quit when the WWB got hit.Tung was smiling when he first started reeling it in.

After 320 feet- he was not smiling as much.

We had that fish released when a single got hit.The guys let me reel it in and soon it was onboard for 20 seconds-just enough for the fish to say cheese.

Hung got to reel in the last Rock -number 11.

We even caught a Menhadden right at the end.

We pulled the lines and ran back to Breezy on almost flat seas.

Got back to the ramp and found a line of boats waiting to retrieve.Everyone got out fast and we talked to alot of other Tfers.It was a great day for mid November - reminded me of spring.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Skip looks like a good day. Thanks for looking out for me. Which one hit when I was on the phone with you? Thanks again.
Chad

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish
4,199 Posts
Way to get um Skip,cool thing is there is no one else around you.:thumbup:

I saw that boat in the Potapsco once ,it sure does haul $ss:yes:

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Great report Skip seems like you had a steady pick on some decent fish. Looks like the crew had a great day.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have got to get me one of those Arundel Insulation Inc hoodies!!!! :yes: They seem to be in a lot of :bigfish: fishing reports.

Ken

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
The day wouldn't be complete without catchng a little variety. :rockingreport: Looks like you guys had a great day on the water WTG

·
Registered
14,247 Posts
You got em today Skip. Those guys look like they had a great time! Next time you throw back the stupid fish.......let us get along side of you! Those two Navy boats were carrying the mail:yes: and that was the longest barge convoy I have ever seen. We had a great day on the water today also but just not as many fish. Conditions were perfect!...........Gary

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Skip - thanks for the heads up this morning. Had a good day, tried to do the things I've seen you do when I've been out with ya . . . seems to have worked today. We too had a snagged menhadden too, must have had the right depth.

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
nice job skip, pretty fish, are you using weight to get down and are you using any umbrella's, I asked you before but just haven't been on TF too much and didn't check when I asked you last time

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
I read earlier there were 33 boats at #78...WOW.......Glad you did well....No Parker "Wise cracks".....I'm getting worried......:D

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Skip great report as always. fished just north of you and did well also. nice seeing you at the back up in the morning

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
Skip- Congrats on your usual sucess. Thanks for keeping in touch. I was starting to worry around lunchtime but stuck it out and caught the afternoon bite...............WTG, buddy:clapping2:.............

1 - 20 of 25 Posts