Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the Trophy season opening May 1 and some good weather, I think i'll get the lines in the water this weekend.

Do any of you alter your strategy for the spring season? I was planning to fish like late fall, trolling with parachutes, umbrellas etc.. near the mouth of the rapp and out in the bay.

·
Registered
558 Posts
I just looked at VDGIF site and Trophy Season is May 1 - June 15. This also requires a permit in addition to your license.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I like to run some up high. Single chutes off the planer boards, but don't neglect to have some deep. Some of my biggest spring fish have come on the deep umbrella with 48 ounce inline. Remember the trophy season minimum in Va is 36". Oh! Don't forget the tandem way way way the hell back down the middle about half a mile back.

·
Registered
514 Posts
keep em clean

I like to run some up high. Single chutes off the planer boards, but don't neglect to have some deep. Some of my biggest spring fish have come on the deep umbrella with 48 ounce inline. Remember the trophy season minimum in Va is 36". Oh! Don't forget the tandem way way way the hell back down the middle about half a mile back.
We have had a lot of winter jellies the past two weeks so don't forge to keep 'em clean!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Good point. I hope the jellies aren't as bad down here as they are up in Md. Sounds like a full time job keeping baits clean up there.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
According to the official NOAA jellyfish forecast it looks like they are pretty minimal in the bay south of the potomac

1 - 9 of 9 Posts