Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
This will be my second year hunting spring gobblers and i took my first one last year with a shotgun. This year i'm taking a big step and taking one with my bow. Question i have for ya is do i aim for the head? body? where? I've been practicing shooting from a chair and have been shooting at a smaller target to get my accuracy down to the T. Any info would help out a lot.

Thanks guys!
Dan

·
Registered
316 Posts
a buddy of mine shot a nice tom in oct. or nov. last hunting season and he shot it out of his climber about 20ft up, but he shot it in the wing on one side and it came out the bottom of the turkey and almost pinned him down but the turkey went crazy and came off the arrow but didnt go far. and it didnt really tear up that much breast meat. i have never turkey hunted but after seeing that i would say shoot at the body.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I don't bow hunt, but I have heard that guillotine is incredible if shooting into a field. Heard that you don't want to shoot them around any brush though.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Draw a line straight up the legs and another back from the beard. Where they intersect is ~ the kill zone and it is the size of an apple. A hit in the breast is just a wound and most likely an unrecovered bird. OR as pointed out you can use a guillotine.

"This year i'm taking a big step and taking one with my bow." Gotta love confidence, good luck to you.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
But that Guillotine broadhead and aim for the neck....

I dont have any experience with them BUT the late night infomercials are priceless. So *******.... "dang took his head clear off". Love it. I'd buy one just for that if I had a good place to hunt gobblers. I do think they are pretty pricey so I agree, you may wanna shoot it in a field to A. to not loose it and B. not get any deflections from branches.

-Evans

1 - 9 of 9 Posts