Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that deer season is over, my Son and I are doing some rabbit and squirrel hunting. We sat in my double ladder stand and shot squirrels on the ground with my Son's 22 cal. I bought him a Browning T Bolt with a Nikon scope. He is deadly out to 40 yards. I cooked the squirrels in a crock pot and we are having them for dinner tonight. Nice not to have to pick out # 8 shot:eek2:...........Gary

Snow Military camouflage Camouflage Marines Military uniform
Clothing Snow Outerwear Smile Camouflage

·
Registered
856 Posts
Your teaching him right,that will make a good markman shooting bushytails with a .22,to easy with a scattergun.I would rabbithunt with a .22 if it wasnt so dangerous but with 4 to 6 folks in a cutover that you cant see most of the time it wouldnt be safe especially the way they deflect.

·
Registered
14,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How is squirrel meat? I've never ate it.
It is very tasty. Not many hunt squirrel hunters anymore. They just complain about how many there are when deer hunting:hysterical: I make squirrel stew and pot pies out of them. Ty it........Gary

·
Registered
839 Posts
It is very tasty. Not many hunt squirrel hunters anymore. They just complain about how many there are when deer hunting :hysterical: I make squirrel stew and pot pies out of them. Ty it........Gary
You know what i find amazing about squirrels, is that they are a fraction of the size of deer, but make so much more noise running through the woods. You'll hear what sounds like a buffalo stampede coming toward you, just to see a couple squirrles chasing each other.doh

I haven't hunted them since i was a kid, i might have to give it a try again here soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts