Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Thursday ... Ram's Head Roadhouse.

The official coronation of the 2007 Pickerel Kings of the Severn will begin at 7:30pm... see ya' there!

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Get there early for Happy Hour food and drink :D

Happy Hour - Asian Invasion
Thursday March 1st, 2007
Time:4:00 PM
Information:
4-7pm: $1.95 Fordham Drafts & $2.50 House Wines, Rail Drinks & Absolut Drinks!

5-7pm: FREE Ahi tuna, edumame, seaweed salad & potstickers or egg rolls!

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Get there early for Happy Hour food and drink :D

Happy Hour - Asian Invasion
Thursday March 1st, 2007
Time:4:00 PM
Information:
4-7pm: $1.95 Fordham Drafts & $2.50 House Wines, Rail Drinks & Absolut Drinks!

5-7pm: FREE Ahi tuna, edumame, seaweed salad & potstickers or egg rolls!
Well. I found out last month that the "free ahi tuna" was free b/c it wasn't good enough to serve to the paying customer. I thought it would be delicious rare seared tuna, but the "fresh" tuna they were cooking had the tell-tale koleidescopic colors of tuna-gone-bad (it looked like gas on the water, the rainbow colors) and they made sure to cook it well-done. The potstickers were good though.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
When is the tournament over...again?

·
Premium Member
26,179 Posts
uncljohn-I ate a bunch raw-it was OK-not sushi grade but alright for free.Hope to get there again-fun bunch. Skip

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
uncljohn-I ate a bunch raw-it was OK-not sushi grade but alright for free.Hope to get there again-fun bunch. Skip
Was this last month? I thought the freebie food was gone by the time everyone else arrived. I swear the stuff the guy was frying up was a brownish red color with kaleidascopic highlights. I felt a little funny afterwards, but that could be from several things.....:wacko:

·
Premium Member
26,179 Posts
Yeah-at last months meeting.I got there about 6pm.Got two plates of the cooked tuna then got some before the griller killer could cook it to death.If you eat bad fish-you'll know it in 2-4 hrs.No if ands or buts.Too much at stake for them to serve borderline tuna.We'll have to try some Thursday to see.;) Skip

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Although the happy hour drink prices start at 4:00, the free food usually does not appear until 5:00. On some nights, they run out pretty quickly.

I will miss the meeting and awards ceremony. I will be on my way to Golden, CO. Congratulations to the winners. It has been a lot of fun for me.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
I will miss the meeting and awards ceremony. I will be on my way to Golden, CO. Congratulations to the winners. It has been a lot of fun for me.
John, aren't you the standing Treasurer for this tourny? Or did you pass the entry $ off?

I just don't want Larry to miss out on a big payday.... :cool:

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Don't worry UJ, John has transferred all the pickerel derby records AND the $ to me ... meaning we'll be able to hand out the $ to the winners on Thursday... whoever they may be ;)

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
I was just looking out for you. At this point, I fully expect someone to show up Thursday with a pic of a 24.5"er.....:sweatdrop:

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Yep. Of course, if someone caught a fish prior to Thursday afternoon and failed to call in their catch and sprung a 2 week old suprise, well I know how I'd feel about that person...:nono:

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I Support TidalFish.
6,189 Posts
I would have hoped to be there but have a viewing to attend in Severna Park at Barrancos this evening. A grand lady (icon) from my childhood has passed and I'll be with many frends and family this evening.

I will be thinking of ya's and my congrats to all the winners. :clap: I especillay would have liked to have attended this one.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts