Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a call last night from John Veil inviting me to fish one of his secret spots today, so we could (hopefully) add to our SRRKC tourney aggrigate, and maybe find the monster that will win this thing. :D

We met up at about 1100 and started tossing minnows rigged various ways.
I was using a shad dart of between 1/8 and 1/16 of an ounce (not really sure they are some very old darts).

We probably fished an hour before I got my first fish... a 15"er, and then the bite turned on.

We decided we'd measure some of the larger fish, but unless it would add to our aggrigate, we decided to return the smaller ones to the water quickly.

After landing a couple more fish, I finally got one worthy of a photo. 22" of mean and scrappy... :eek:

We caught steady for about another 90 minutes during the period of brightest sun and warmest temps of the day (which wasn't saying too much today), but before the bite turned off, I got a fish that tried to straighten the hook on my dart...

I got that fish to within 10' of the shoreline, but I gave him just a little too much pressure and when the hook came out, it exited the water and passed within inches of my head. :eek:

John got some nice fish to add to his aggrigate and lost a monster right at the shoreline, but I'll let him tell that story. :)

Funny how you don't feel the cold when you're catching. :D

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Kevin caught a beauty today. My report is on the SRRKC board. One fish at 21", another at 19", and the whopper that got away right at my feet -- it might have taken the top spot from Uncle John. However, without a meaurement, it is just a good fish story!:D

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I Support TidalFish.
6,189 Posts
WTG John :) . I can't find the board. Looked for it earlier. It's a Brandon thing I guess, but sure would beat some of the Bull Sh#% floating around on here. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Virgil -

Go to the bottom of your screen and look for the box labeled Forum Jump. Click on the arrow button and scroll down a few lines until you see the SRRKC Fishing Club under the heading of Clubs & Associations

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I Support TidalFish.
6,189 Posts
Hey John, I do but there's no heading for clubs and associations? It takes me back to the chesapeake board?

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Kevin and John, It's good to see someone getting out and cacthing im this weather. Hope one of you manages to land that biggun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts