Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out for a few hours today to chase those toothy critters. The result was 6 pickerel and 3 yellow perch. The pickerel came in at 23, 19.5, 18.5, and 3 under 17. The yp ranged from 8-11. I only photo'd the 3 largest pickerel to enter in the tourney. I also had 3 others follow my lure to the pier and never bite. I even jigged one right at the pier for a good 30 seconds and he would follow and stay right behind the lure, but wouldn't bite. Overall it was a slow bite today. The result by lure was 3 on minnows under bobbers, 2 on jig heads with paddle tails, and 1 on a silver spoon.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
goshdarnit!! I was going to post my results today: a 16.75, a 17 and an 18. Oh well (and yes....nicely done!)

P.S. - how'd you get them to lay so straight and still (billy club method?)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
goshdarnit!! I was going to post my results today: a 16.75, a 17 and an 18. Oh well (and yes....nicely done!)

P.S. - how'd you get them to lay so straight and still (billy club method?)
:D :D I was getting close to that. Actually all but the 23 settled down nicely within a few seconds so by the time I got the camera ready they were calm. The 23 flopped and rolled for what seemed like forever, I was worried about keeping it out too long. I had to snap the pic quick as soon as it got still, thus the crappy pic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts