Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any luck today?
My drive in this morning I saw absolutely no geese in the air.
Ironically I had 10 fly over as I was walking into my building......[tongue]
I 'm hopeing this cold spell gets them moving for the weekend.

Boz

·
Registered
160 Posts
Could have been done by 6:30 had we been set up. Myself and another shot two limits by 8 this moring in Oxford. Beautiful weather finally. Was great to be out.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Sorry camera phone quality. The two pics are some geese that were trying to get into the spread as we were picking up. you can see my gun and bucket in the field in the bottom of the photo.
i've got another nice photo but the file size is too large to post. Any ideas?

I know a guy whos brother's sister has seen Poon in the office actually working. Apparently no photos exist but i'm told that it does happen occasionally.

Poon- I'm ready to hit the deer if you are. this weathers gotta help.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
1,056 Posts
Started in a water blind for early morning ( goose field at our back) had descent duck movement early cut three mallards should have had few more. Saw Butterballs, 1 toll of bluebill and a few high flying geese. At 10:00 set up the field with geese and sat down in the pit and very suprisingly saw nothing . Left at noon. Hunted Harris creek area typicaly loaded w/ geese. Maybe the full moon?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Jason,

You didnt mention that I almost took your head off trying to shoot that Mallard! Yes, very much of a bummer that we didnt see **** flying. Sounds like some folks did well but today was not in the cards for geese. More mallrads than we usually see this split so that was very encouraging.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
1,056 Posts
Sorry Derek ...Yes I did get a small case of muzzle blast but as long as its from a friend right? All I heard was Jason take em' then BOOM! LMAO buddy!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Jason, I guess I am a little quicker on the draw my friend! Poon, we do get some good divers on Harris late in the year, but not nearly in the numbers we see on Hudson creek. Have shot Cans on Harris though the last 5 years but they are usually in pairs, no large groups.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts