Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com!
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at Doc Ski's video, he uses "StaBond" adhesive for the rod grip and reel seats. Do any of you use StaBond and would you recommend it? Also, if you do recommend it, where in the Columbia Area can you get this adhesive?

Thanks again
Bill

·
Registered
504 Posts
RodBond. Don't substitute. You can get it at Mudhole. As with most things in life, the advancements in the adhesive markets have come a long way. I am almost certain that StaBond was the precurser to Rodbond.

Kevin

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com!
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kevin: It sounds like the correct product. In Doc's video he lets the product dry and then reactivates it by using acetone thus making it slippery and removing any excess once the grip is in place. Do you know if Rod Bond allows you to reactivate the adhesive with acetone?

·
Registered
379 Posts
StaBond is a thing of the past (kinda like chunking YFTs in NC - lol), I believe. You can still use it/do it, but there are better ways now. I talked to Doc about it and he said you can still get it but shipping it probably isn't too friendly. If I remember right, the only reason he reactivates the stabond is to allow for lubrication, which Rod Bond gives.

If you have any questions from his videos, shoot him an email and he will gladly respond - and if you include your phone number he will probably call you!

Sean

1 - 6 of 6 Posts