Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,
Hit the ice down in the Northeast harbor today. Took my Son-in-law Stan for his first bout with the great Chesapeake bay and the upper bay. We did slightly better than a sharp stick in the eye. But we had fun. Stop in at Ele's and Mike said he'd be along. Fished the afternoon with Stan, Mike and Herb. We all caught a few. Mike caught a coupla bass prolly 3 lbs or so. Stan caught a few bass and some perch.

Here's Stan with a couple.

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
Man, and I thought I loved to fish! You guys get all my respect for fishing on a day I did'nt even wanna leave my house. And the best part is you caught some fish! Someday I'll give it a shot. I'll see you on 3/3 Gerald, I saw your name on the deep drop trip.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
yea the Sass and Bohemia are "mostly" frozen over, not sure how thick haven't gotten down on the ice. Upper Chester still has some accessible running water east of Millington. might be a few yellows showing up there.

·
Premium Member
8,174 Posts
It is weird seeing open water so close to where you are fishing. Guess Im used to solid frozen lakes up in PA..

Have to try ice-fly fishing. thats where you stand about 30 feet from the hole and cast to it. really helps you work on your accuracy :D

Sounds like fun!

MG

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
Nice job on the thru ice catching, how thick was it where you were ? I too find it weird seeing you out there with open water so close to you.

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
G-Man, Nice work on the frozen feeshes. Guys were ice fishing on the local lake here, but just can't bring myself to digging out all the ice fishing stuff and sittng out in the cold. Not when the wife has a nice firing going in the living room and there are fishing shows on TV from warm places. Hope the fishing stays good for you, since it going to be cold for a while.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey all,
That open water behind Stan is because they got bubbler's run'n to keep if from freeze'n around the piers. Depends on where ya go as to the thickness. There's places where it 5-6 inches. Then there'a place's I've chopped a hole thru at 1 1/2 inches. I tend to back off away from anything less that 2 inches.

Ed,
Yep I got another one. He's a good kid. You'll like him.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts