Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drove to Chesapeake Beach with my buddy Mike where we met Capt John Deering for a fun trip on my Parker. Neither one of those guys cares for trolling much but I wanted to try for a bubba. After 2 hrs with only 5 lines out and not a hit we saw some birds working off in the distance near the radar towers in 25' to 30' of water. Its no secret and probably will be crowded tomorrow but heh, its a fishing board right!

We had fun jigging up fish from 18" to 26". Kept our limit and released the rest for a few hours. We had it to ourselves for a little while. Then when a few boats came in, everybody played nice. There were 4 or 5 flocks popping up here and there. The birds went away and the bite died around 1pm so we called it a day. No pics today.

Nice talking with JP and Johnnyo.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Hey, glad to hear it! wondering what you guys were up to. Glad to hear Capn. John out having some fun too. I had a great time LTJ some good ones last Sunday near there. I am getting my Mojo on fo a week at the CBBT with one of your favorite boat Captains!! Tight lines-Kevin.;-)

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
See you go trolling and end up jigging and catch more fish. Thanks for the report and I'm glad you guys had a good day on the water and caught some fish. Also I got a report today and I will fill you later on it, Eastern Shore :thumbup:

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
Nice going Tim and John!: thumbup: I take the Broom-Sticks on occasion.Put them out for about an hour and say "The He!! with this,I'm Jiggin" !NO sooner than I do,I see or hear a bunch of Guys hookin' up Trollin'!:wacko: [Mike]

·
Premium Member
26,131 Posts
5 rods out is not trolling :D - it's hoping :pp.

Cool to hear the dinner size fish are schooling up :clapping2:.

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
5 rods out is not trolling :D - it's hoping :pp.

Cool to hear the dinner size fish are schooling up :clapping2:.
Skip,I going to have 6 Rods out tomorrow,Is that a bit better than "Hoping"? "Cause I'm going to be Hoping I don't tangle them up and Praying that I catch some nice Fish!:D [Mike]

·
Premium Member
26,131 Posts
I'm just teasing him :D. It seems everyone and their brother is now trolling 15-25 rods.

My dad and I used to do fine with just 3 rods out.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Nice work, fellows. We hit that area for a few minutes about noon today but couldn't get anything but smalls under those birds. Lost the tide though and had way too much competition. Glad to hear you got 'em.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Kevin - good to hear from you. JD and I were talking about you on the boat today . . . something about Maker's Mark.

Steve F - I haven't trolled since the Spring but I was looking for some big pullage and thought I'd give my "tennis elbow" a break. It was not to be. I'm in pain again tonight after jiggin for 3 hours.

Mike - Good luck tomorrow. maybe we'll see you out there.

Skip - "5 rods is hoping not trolling" I thought that was funny. Anything to tease a Parker owner huh. :D

Shawn - thanks

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Hey there Timmy, I've been trying to call you, but you never answer your phone. So, at least I know you are alive. Good to see that you still remember how to jig. So, why would you even try to troll? You know Skip's the only one that knows how.:D

·
Registered
275 Posts
Way to go. Nothing wrong with saving a few dollars, setting aside the broomsticks, and ltjing in some nice fish

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
timbo you guys are fun to fish with, i like ridin' not drivin. it was a refreshing day no t-top or curtains and some spray to get us started. since clients keep the fish, the honey was glad to get some fresh fish. i had to clean them in the kitchen with her looking over my shoulder, o-boy.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Birds came back in the early evening, lots of boats with everyone being polite, boated up to 27" and then home. Would not call them "breaking fish" -- there were just large swirls at the surface. Off white 5" BKD worked for me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts