Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the status of the construction at the West OC launch ramps? Just wondering if they have published a completion date yet. I sure hope they are done by the end of May.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Went by there this past Thursday. Lots of equipment. Looks like a coffer dam is in place. Didn't get out of the car but I don't think they've poured any concrete. Read in the paper a few months ago that they were hoping for a late May completion date. Old piers are gone. Everything will be new.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Drove by it today and no docks and doesn't look like concrete has been poured. Last date I heard was end of May but I would say longer.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was told thursday that hi tide construction was fired from the jod and now I see burk construction is on the job friday and they have filed for and extension to complete the ramp. This realy sucks

·
Registered
212 Posts
for big boats, i would use the ramp at Bering Rd, actually it has been called 87th st ramp,, bering rd is on the west side of coastal highway, opposite of 87th st, It is owned by the Town of OC,, its posted hours is 8am to 6 pm, and there is a $10.00 fee, also there is no trailer parking, It is the deepest ramp available, Bahia's ramp near 22 st is not as deep, has definite drop off, and turning/backing a trailer there would be difficult, rumor has that the ramp near Assateague bridge is also shallow,, the ramp at Gum Point rd is too small,, I would not launch a 24' boat there,, hope this helps,

Phil
Phil

·
Registered
20 Posts
You can get a 24fter in/out of Gum Point (only) at dead-on high tide (approx inlet + 3hrs) and the creek can be fun also. Parking is a big challenge, too. I'd consider it a last resort.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts