Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunday morning, (April 17th) I will be trolling from the MD/VA line up to Baltimore and I need all of you guys to stay out of my way. I have a hard time turning for smaller boats so don't bother waving or blowing your horns. My captain is not turning. I will not be running planer boards so I will only be running a 21 rod spread. Trolling speed may be a little faster than you are used to, so don't be surprised if our closing rate is faster that you normally would expect. Again stay clear. This is your last warning. Boat is white with a red stripe and red whale tail in the back.

·
Premium Member
26,271 Posts
Nacho - I wish. Imagine getting paid to run something like that , every week going somewhere warm / sunny.

I do not fish opening weekend - lucky enough that I can fish the following weekdays.

B faithful - Someone posted a photo last year , taken of a ship's radar on opening weekend. It was amazing how many boats were in front of that massive ship.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I was on a Carribean cruise this winter and gave it a try......the lowest access point was on the 7th deck at the adult-only pool and bar, about 50 feet above water level......got my single line out like a WWB with a white 21 Tony flipping around at 20 knots (couldn't get the Capt. to slow her down any more, he had a schedule to keep). No rod holders, had to improvise by wedging the but in the back of a lounge chair (these cruise ships just ain't rigged right). Everyone was smirking and laughing at me for being so "silly"......and then kaPOW.....rod thumping, drag peeling, topless chicks a couple chairs down jumping up and down squealing with excitement......I grab the rod and do the manly man fishing thing, reel crank keep steady pressure....I'm making progress on the beast....got it close to the boat when it broke off.....oh well....did I mention the girls dancing around?

·
Registered
515 Posts
I was on a Carribean cruise this winter and gave it a try......the lowest access point was on the 7th deck at the adult-only pool and bar, about 50 feet above water level......got my single line out like a WWB with a white 21 Tony flipping around at 20 knots (couldn't get the Capt. to slow her down any more, he had a schedule to keep). No rod holders, had to improvise by wedging the but in the back of a lounge chair (these cruise ships just ain't rigged right). Everyone was smirking and laughing at me for being so "silly"......and then kaPOW.....rod thumping, drag peeling, topless chicks a couple chairs down jumping up and down squealing with excitement......I grab the rod and do the manly man fishing thing, reel crank keep steady pressure....I'm making progress on the beast....got it close to the boat when it broke off.....oh well....did I mention the girls dancing around?
As I was reading this, I was wondering if it was a true story or not. Either way, that's funny!

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Eminent Brothers
That's a Carnaval cruise ship. My Lovery Bride, Bludworm and I went on a cruise out of Port Canaveral on a ship just like that. They are jiggers not trollers

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The ship is the Carnival Pride. I will be heading back in from a week in Bermuda. I might do a little fishing there if I find the right person to go with. It's a couple of weeks early, but who know. I'll miss opening weekend, but it's my 20th aniversary. Bermuda is a fair trade off for missing the mob in the bay the first weekend.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I support TidalFish.
2,946 Posts
You just can't help yourself can you. Should have been a fiction writer. I am sitting in my cube at work just LMAO. Did you have the duck lure as a trailer?

Big Liar - Have fun and wave when you go by the West River.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts