Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I went fishing twice today...is that a crime? I was planning on staining the deck this afternoon, but Big E called and suggested we get in on the evening bite. He also informed me he'd positioned a GPS tracking device on Clancy's boat, so we were able to follow him to his secret spot with pinpoint accuracy. I'll upload the GPS coordinates later...

I didn't catch anything to upgrade my standing on the leaderboard, but Big E popped these two: a 17-1/2" and 19" to the fork. We released over 20 fish all said and done. He was so glad to finally put some fish on the leader board, he cracked open a Defender's Choice that had been bouncing around the Skeeter's cooler since the Pickerel Derby. God bless (and save) him.

P.S. Don't ask about our secret lures.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Ahh, the first Defender's Choice pic. Surely it won't be the last. :thumbup:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Looks like you guys had a good evening, and a Defender's Choice to boot! I tried calling E on his cell, but there must be no recpetion at "Clancy's Secret Spot" :D

Nice work guys. Good job getting on the board E :yes:

I gotta get out more and find some bigger fish :fishing2: so I can get on the board!

-Rob

·
Registered
859 Posts
JP,

I have not seen any....I caught one last year at David Taylor, but none this year.....that would make my day.....

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
JP. I don't know what those guys are getting into (besides trouble), but I caught this "puppy" this morning. She's at 23 1/2".

Caught her when my son gave me his rod when he swore his lure wasn't worth a sh#t and wanted to use my rod. Yeah, he was pi$$ed. :D

100_1594.jpg

·
Registered
859 Posts
dang, she's even prettier than you had made her sound.....nice catchin' there buddy....dat's a gonna be a tough one to beat.....we got ourselves a competition boys and girls!!!

ps - tell your son to shake that one off, his time will come....

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If Millenburg caught that fish on a non-fly, I motion to disqualify the catch from the competition...nice catch, man.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
All right, I'll come clean...no fly, but no Defender's Choice either.

ec7f_1[1].jpg

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Nice one, Greg :thumbup:

At this rate, it's gonna take one over 30" to win this thing..

·
Registered
245 Posts
That is great work Greg! It gives me faith that there are actually fish larger than 16" up in the river.

Ben and I kayaked around for 3 hours. I caught 5 Rock on the chartreuse Buck tail and Ben couldn't get a bite on the white, so we switched up and then I caught 5 more on the White. Ben was peaved, just not his day.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Burt...who said I was up the river? ;-)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts