Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We launched out of Matapeake this am knowing it would be rough out, we put two lines out & headed into the wind, a tandem pair of shads back 120' & a WWWB small umbrella with a tony 300' trolled past 88 red on the eastern shore side marking fish but no takers, decided to go with the wind to put the boards out with our usual spring spread, white on one side char on the other trolled north past the BB marking fish between 39' & 50' trying to avoid the rat maze the netters left, we ended the day skunked. if that wasn't bad enough to get skunked three times out we had to trailer home in the rain, I have honestly never seen so many clueless people I had to lock the brakes twice from people cutting in front & hitting their brakes. never again will I trailer the boat in the rain during rush hour.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Well Forrest- its too bad that you had to put up with that nonsense- (both the skunk, and the vehicularly inept). Next time, take a 6 pack, an iPod, and a heat buddy and crawl into the cabin, have a brew, watch a little movie (be sure to download before leaving the hosue... this is critical:D)and catch a nap, and drive home after the idiots are off the roads. Thanks for the report, even though its a smelly one! Cheers!

·
Registered
8,600 Posts
tough out front right now...

I hear you on trailering in bad weather. I was trailering home from solomons sat night in the rain and it was below freezing. I was amazed at the amount of people who were rushing to pull out in front of me in fear of being behind a boat as I came through edgewater and annapolis. One removed nearly all the braking distance I had and it was probably fractions of an inch from tagging them with my anti locks activated.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Twiskman sounds like good advice, we have a little DVD player & taking a few cold ones sounds relaxing. Don't think my heart could take another bout with the crazy rush hour herd.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I can be tough out there,, Keep goin though!!
You know i live up near you and i found a friend with a waterfront dock and traded her some tile for a backslash for my dock fee this year.
I absolutely HATE trailerin,, just takes all the fun out of boating, I even ran my boat all the way from OC this august through the C & D canal,, fun trip.

Bill

·
Registered
8,600 Posts
i have a sub lease slip in my community for like $250 a season but I passed on it because I dont mind trailering. I like to wet slip in the summer but trailer in the spring and fall to chase the big fish around.

·
Premium Member
26,227 Posts
They were just checking your brakes for you :D.
Never fun trailering in rain/rush hour traffic but you got to sometimes.

Sorry I left such a stink out there thast it got on your boat :pp. At least you gave it a good try :thumbup:.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts