Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, two( judgin by the footprints) a$$wipes jumped a chain link fence in my back yard last night and snatched the motor off my jon boat. Pi$$ed me off, I was fixin to hit the hot ditch and southern branch to the locks and catch me some specks.
It was an older 1996 regular shaft, pull start 15 hp Mercury. Kinda square lookin, not all rounded like the new ones. I took the decals off the side, so it would just be black.

I live near miltary hwy and canal drive, so I'm thinkin the thieves may just plan on usin it in the same waters.

I'd sure apreciate it if anyone fishing the hot ditch area would keep an eye out for it. The decals cost about $40 bucks or so, so I dont think they'll buy a set right away,( I'm gonna check with Bills marine tomorrow) so it will probably still be plain black on the sides.
If ya spot it ,just PM me with the info.

Thanks
Walt

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I called them up after I talked to the police. They were real helpfull and said they'd give me a call if anything turned up.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Thats awfull.......I've been in your shoes.....someone stole my 10 horse off my Carolina skiff.....worthless mother..............

I hope you find the thief!:censored:

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
nothing worse than a thief.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I had the same thing happen about 12 years ago with a 70 horse outboard. The neighbor did it and then had the nerve to hang it on the back of his boat!!! If I remember right he got about 4 to 5 years in prison for that one. What a dumbass! Anyway, good luck and if you catch them be sure to hang em' high.

·
Registered
83 Posts
If you find them check em for my 25 hp Johnson, f-ers got mine about a year ago. They tried taking my whole boat, the only thing that stopped them was the lock on the hookup. Good luck, as Ive found the police are pretty much worthless, theyve got bigger fish to fry, I never even got a call back after the initial write up.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
not doing the me too thing, but late spring at bush park in deltaville, we had 9 yes nine stolen in a period of about three weeks no pun but something fishey about that, they were taking 25 to 35 hp tillers. now they are taking coolers wtf

there is another place to ck too, there is a paper in front royal va called the valley trader, alot of hot stuff gets sold on there. they have caught a couple of rings out of WV one that stands out is these guys were comming to va and stealing jet skies , jon boats, tools const. materials to include jacuzi tubs, on and on they were storing them in a barn and selling them out of the valley trader

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the support and all, I've been checking Craigslist, and I'm going to hit the pawnshops today.
Yeah, the police werent a lot of help, and I realize they have a lot bigger cases to deal with, but the cop who took my info over the phone was getting ready to hang up when I asked her if she would care to take down the freakin serial number and color !
Hell, I even had to string up my own crime scene tape. (lol...sorta ) Not likely to catch em but.........

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Walt im heading to the Hot ditch Sunday if i see anything i will let you know asap.. sorry to hear about that i would look into getting a outboard lock i have 1 on mine and has worked so far...Brandon

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey Walt. I have an electric trolling motor and new battery you could use until you do something else. I'm not using it and it may not be 15 hp, but it will get you out to the fish.

PM me.

Steven

·
Registered
207 Posts
Just put a sign in your yard that says LARGE CASH REWARD for information. they dont know what your definition of large is ($50-$100) and they will rat each other out for less. that's how I got mine back, from a neighbor at that!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Just put a sign in your yard that says LARGE CASH REWARD for information. they dont know what your definition of large is ($50-$100) and they will rat each other out for less. that's how I got mine back, from a neighbor at that!
So your saying that your neighbor stole your motor, hung it on the back of his boat, then answered to your reward sign. Ok, if you say so.

·
Registered
248 Posts
i have been worried about my new 60volt electric motor (no gas motors allowed water supply lakes) up here in MD. like 6grand new. searched and searched for a lock to keep it attached to the john boat. the master locks are worthless can be pried off or cut. came up with the STAZO outboard motor lock. made in holland. heavy duty steel. made for outboards that are hand screwed to the transom. slides in behind the swivel part of the bolt and then covers up the handle of the bolt. the thing is sweet. only about 80 bucks. i got it at sailorssolution.com the only way they are going to get your motor is to steal the whole boat...thats what the claymores are for. jnelson

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Sorry to hear about your situation. I HATE a F&%$ Thief. Be sure to check Craigs List, Ebay and any of the surrounding area papers/list serves since they may put it up for a diff area just to throw off anyone looking for it. I'd even put up a sign at the local tackle shops offering a reward.
Good Luck

1 - 20 of 24 Posts