Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend and myself were heading to another friends farm this morning to do a little scouting, pond fishing and practice with the bows. We stopped at a store along the way for some ice and drinks. While inside a lowlife decided to help themselves to our stuff in the back of his truck.

They got my beloved Parker Ultalite 31 in the case(brushed aluminum case with "Silent death inside" airbruched on it.

They got his Hoyt in a brushed aluminum case.

They got 6 rod and reel combos. My three were Gold Shimano Calcutta 251's(left handed) all mounted on Shimano V rods. His were shimano Curado 200's on GLoomis rods.

Also missing is a camo duffle bag containing 2 digital trail cameras, a nikon 35mm camera with two xtra lenses, two pair of nikon binoculars, a bushnell range finder as well as other odds and ends.

Please be on the lookout. My Calcutta's have 69 engraved on the bottom of the palm plate.

I'm off to Adam's to put a new string on my old Golden Eagle. I guess Adam will hunt with his old Browning.

DEAN

·
Registered
61 Posts
Dean.

Man That Really Hurts..... [sad]

I HATE thieve's......

YOU WON'T get your property back, NEVER walk away from unsecured gear ...NEVER!

People laugh at me when they see my Yamaha Big Bear ATV cabled around the bed of my F350....

...the last laugh is on them.

Kindest Regards,

-Wil Maryland

·
Registered
61 Posts
**** yeah they lost a lot of money. I'm kinda pissed off at them that they walked away from their truck with all of that stuff inside of the bed.

You all just come out of the cornfields or something? Don't give me that **** about trusting folk that you were raised around, if it goes towards that slant....

You must ALWAYS watch your gear gentleman.....

If you wish for better days, well...... you still got your head stuck up in your corn fed ass.....

Kindest Regards,

-Will in MAryland

·
Registered
659 Posts
Dean,
What part of the world did this happen. I think you are located on Rt. 10 heading to Surry. That part of the country is pretty remote. Do you think it was locals or someone traveling thru. Like Willtill said!!!! Both of you are really trust worthy. The good old days are over. Sorry for your loss. I would check with pawn shops etc. Go back to the store and put a sign up stating your loss. That way if it was a local someone might know something. I always lock up when not with my vehicle.
Bubba[angel][angel]

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The stuff was taken from the back of a Suburbun, not laying in the bed of a pickup.

Will.....Your remarks are not needed.

DEAN

·
Registered
339 Posts
[Q]ketch69 originally wrote:
The stuff was taken from the back of a Suburbun, not laying in the bed of a pickup.

DEAN
[/Q]
What a shame! Worst of all it could have been prevented or at least made more difficult by simply locking the vehicle.

·
Registered
61 Posts
[Q]ketch69 originally wrote:

DEAN
[/Q]

Apologize for sounding raw. I hope you get your stuff back.

Kindest Regards,

-Wioll in Maryland

·
Registered
105 Posts
Man, there are few things that make you angrier! Plus, who needs a lecture about things you already knew (you don't need a freakin parent reminding you that you should have 'locked' your truck). Fact is, pretty ballsy for someone to open your truck while you were in a store. Imagine what you would have done, had you come out and seen them!

All is not lost, though. I had some decoys stolen out of a pit blind last year and my cousin who owns the farm, was really pissed. He contacted the DNR etc and they caught the guys about 3 months later.

They were caught because they WERE lowlifes and were spotlighting deer, poaching and stealing equipment to use and sell in NJ. They had all kinds of stolen stuff in their house. Remarkable but it happens. I am sure you did, but go the extra 2 miles to notify the police/DNR. Stranger things have happened. Plus, the good thing is that no one was hurt...tiny silver lining.

John

·
Registered
339 Posts
[Q]Second Shot originally wrote:
Man, there are few things that make you angrier! Plus, who needs a lecture about things you already knew (you don't need a freakin parent reminding you that you should have 'locked' your truck). Fact is, pretty ballsy for someone to open your truck while you were in a store. Imagine what you would have done, had you come out and seen them!

All is not lost, though. I had some decoys stolen out of a pit blind last year and my cousin who owns the farm, was really pissed. He contacted the DNR etc and they caught the guys about 3 months later.

They were caught because they WERE lowlifes and were spotlighting deer, poaching and stealing equipment to use and sell in NJ. They had all kinds of stolen stuff in their house. Remarkable but it happens. I am sure you did, but go the extra 2 miles to notify the police/DNR. Stranger things have happened. Plus, the good thing is that no one was hurt...tiny silver lining.

John
[/Q]

John,
I was not trying to be a "freakin parent", as you so kindly pointed out, nor was I lecturing! I simply made an observation in an effort to keep the same unfortunate thing from happening to someone else. But thanks just the same---have a great day!

·
Registered
166 Posts
I cant stand a f-ing thief.
I had someone do the same thing to me a couple years back. Luckily it was only a bunch of tools that were ripped off. Those people should be branded on their forehead..."asswhipping required".
Troutthink had a bunch of equipment stolen from his truck up in Roanoke a while back. Alot of the stuff was pretty much irreplacable. There was a ton of flytying equipment that you just cant go out and buy. Stuff that had been collected over years. That really sucks.
Hope you get the stuff back ( or at least a good payoff from your homeowners insurance).

Who knows maybe you'll find a set of nuts in the back of your truck someday and you'll know someone "got his".

·
Registered
135 Posts
Your homeowner's insurance should cover that or at least your car insurance. My husband had decoys stolen out of his pit (about 16 yrs ago) and his homeowner's insurance covered replacement and it wasn't even his land.

Or maybe you should invest in a Chesapeake Bay Retriever - no one is laying a hand on my vehicle or walk by it without them raising all heck, esp my little girl - very window aggressive but such a sweetie in person.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Did you report it to the police? They could have lifted some prints from the rear doors or handle. Sorry about your misfortune. HOw long were you in the store? I can not believe no one saw the thiefs.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Do report it to the PD of that area. They only knows whats going on from reports. They may already have reports and may set up a decoy car full of goodies. I had some things stolen out of my truck years ago, none had serial numbers, but I reported it anyway. One item was a 12 volt hand light, with my name scratched on the bottom. About a year later the cops caught some guys breaking into cars. You guessed it, they were using my light. They ran my name thru the computer, and I came up as a car theft victim. I went down to the PD and ID'd the light as mine. They serveed a search warrant on the crooks house, came up with thousands and thousands $$$ of stolen stuff. One name scratched in a 10 dollar light made their case. So do report it. Besides your insurance company wants a report number. Hope you get you stuff back, and someone gets locked up. T.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts