Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys use to store your umbrella rigs from getting tangled when not in use? I know they come in the box but most of the time i make mine and was looking for ideas to store them. Im thinking about just a simple shoe box or something but want others opinions besides that would be ALOT of shoe boxes..LOL I watched Lou's podcast on storing rigs (great info by the way) but wanted to see what others on here use.. thanks Brandon:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
I throw mine out in the o/b bracket, but then again I have a tub style bracket. Everything else goes into a milkcrate that has 9 13" pieces of 4" pvc pipe in it, easy to wash, wont tip over, and I can always see what I got in the bucket.

Id think you could try some 3" SEWER PIPE (thin wall pvc pipe) or the 4" pvc and you'd be just fine. the plastic tubes that most of that stuff comes in is way to cheap and breaks to easy. The exception to this are the tubes that the Chesapeake Bay brand bars come in, they seem pretty heavy duty.

Danny

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I throw mine out in the o/b bracket, but then again I have a tub style bracket. Everything else goes into a milkcrate that has 9 13" pieces of 4" pvc pipe in it, easy to wash, wont tip over, and I can always see what I got in the bucket.

Id think you could try some 3" SEWER PIPE (thin wall pvc pipe) or the 4" pvc and you'd be just fine. the plastic tubes that most of that stuff comes in is way to cheap and breaks to easy. The exception to this are the tubes that the Chesapeake Bay brand bars come in, they seem pretty heavy duty.

Danny
Might have to try that thanks Danny..

·
Registered
610 Posts
cut the top of a 2 liter soda bottle then drill some drain hole in the bottom of it put in to a milk crate or 5 gallon bucket

i used to have a 3 gallon bucket with lead on the bottom and the 2 liter bottles on top that allows to drain but i like the milk creat better

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Sweede's used to market theirs in a PVC pipe with dust covers on the ends. They also drilled a couple of holes in the pipe and knotted in a rope for a handle. If you like the Chesapeake Bay Lures boxes, he sales empty ones on his web site.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
I just use then once and give then away back at the boat ramp, ever since I won the lotto~

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
ureka!

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
I
think
they
ment
while
on
the
boat
you
dork

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
you can cut sections of pvc, size your choice, and slide them into it.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Storage container made from PVC pipe with a permanent cap on the bottom and a removable cap on the top. Drill a couple of holes close to the top and put a piece of thin rope on the unit for a handle. Search the board for the particulars as many posts were made last year, some with pictures.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I use a lot of small umbrellas (4 arm 5 storms) I use heavy duty ziplock bags on the boat. They dont tangle with each other and they keep there shape. Cheep and easy!

John

·
Registered
394 Posts
I like the fan deal you got going. I assume to dry the rigs quickly after their bath?

Looks like you need a few more rods though:clapping2:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts