Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Storm Baits

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How does everyone rig up their Storm or Storm-like baits? I am rigging mine up as follows: Main line to a 3-way with a 3-4 foot leader to sinker or mojo and a 8 foot leader to another 3-way with a 3 foot leader to a Storm and another 6 foot leader to a storm. Just wondering if this is in the ball park or if anyone is doing something different. Thanks.

Biglee

·
Registered
322 Posts
i would skip the second 3 way and just go straight back to the storm with 6+ feet of leader from the first one. my favorite use for a storm is casting topwater to a feeding school. another idea for trolling behind your 3 way other than a storm/bucktail (an idea i got from this board) is using a long A bomber. this is a hard plastic with treble hooks and a small bill which is like a little version of a stretch 25. they are good b/c they float and are unlikely to catch the bottom when you are slow trolling or having to stop/turn due to boat traffic.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i run rod line to a 3 way, ft and a half to two ft to a snap swevel 16 once inline weight then another snap swevel to 6 ft of leader to at 2 hook parachute with a 9 inch shad,then run about 15 ft leader to a storm and it has produce well for the past week and a half.the two snap swevel are for easy weight changing.

thats my way try it and good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts