Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had some people tell me that some storms hit Wednesday night that were pretty bad. Lots of downed trees. Did it hit the windmill point area bad? Old man left the boat tied to the dock since he was coming back in 3 days. I hope its still there

Andy

·
Registered
573 Posts
Clark,
I measured a wind speed of 49.9 MPH on my wind gauge at an elevation of 10 feet about 3 miles west of Windmill Point. I suspect that the winds aloft were higher as I lost the top 15 feet of a large pine that survived Isabel. I also heard that a boat that had a western exposure on Windmill Point Creek / Little Oyster Creek broke loose from the pier but was recovered by the resident owner.
I hope your boat is OK, but since you asked, I thought I would let you know that we did have strong winds from the west on Wednesday.
Tom

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the report. Our boat definately had the western exposure as we are on little oyster just past the bridge on windmill point rd. nobody was there so if it was our boat I owe someone a big favor for its recovery. folks are on the way down this evening to check things out. holding my breath till then

Andy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts