Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went diving today near Podickery Point and found a very unique anchor.It gave me a real hard time getting it free from the snag it was one.I thought there were two anchors tangled together-this happens sometimes.Due to the silt being stirred up- I could not see what I had and wrestled this monster free by brute strength.Once in the boat - we saw a very unique anchor.It was a danforth with extra long ears crossed with a Rock Hall type anchor.Looks like a movie prop from "Brave Heart" :D .If it is yours or you know who lost it- drop me a B-mail.I'm betting it came from a charter or a headboat.One heavy anchor and it had 5/8 rope on it.

If no one claims it in a few weeks - make me an offer.Too big for my boat.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Around our part of the bay it's called a Rock Hall combination anchor. Fellow in Rock Hall makes them by modifying a danforth shank and attaching the hard bottom hook. I'm thinking about getting one made from a spare I have.....tired of the danforth bouncing along on the hard bottom....

John

·
Registered
14,252 Posts
It looks like the Rock Hall anchor that you found a few months back was modified with a danforth. It's a Rockforth anchor:clapping2::clapping2:..........Gary

·
Tidal Fish SUPER Commercial Subscriber
10,897 Posts
Standrd issue Rock Hall charter anchor. Call Greg Jetton (410) 639-7127 or (410)708-3825 to return to owner. 5/8" line = pansy. Tell him I said so.

·
Premium Member
26,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Capt. Jim - thanks for info/number.It was not Greg's but he thinks he knows the Captain that lost it :thumbup:.It was made in Rockhall - one hell of a design.

Small world- two years ago I retrieved Capt. Greg's anchor that was hung up on the eastern side cable.

·
10,897 Posts
Skip,

If Greg doesn't hook you up with the rightful owner, nobody can. he knows everybody in Rock Hall!

As far as your diving for anchors, if you ever run across a 30 lb. Fortress with 3/4" New England Rope at The Gooses - it's mine. Been there about 3 years. Quite a collection of retrieved anchors on the other thread though! $20.00 bucks is a great price.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Capt. Jim don't need no stinkin anchors! The mere force of his personality is enough to immobilize his boat!

·
10,897 Posts
Why thank you Capt. Wingtips. Just to think, a mere 30 years ago I used to have that affect on the fillies... they just couldn't resist the flannel.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts