Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
6/10/21 I had a hard time catching about 15 white perch this morning. But the rock fish were hitting good. I caught about five, but they were only 15" to 18". but it was fun. A lady was sitting on the bank fishing. I said to her watch out for the snakes. She said can you show me how to catch white perch. I showed her a few things and gave her a few tips. Then I ask her if she wanted these perch. She said yes i want them. Dumped then in her bucket. She says thanks. I'm going to tell my husband that's still in bed that I caught them. No pictures of perch, but I have one of the rock fish. The rock were hitting the 3" Gulp Minnow on a 1/16th jig. Fish near the picked fence. LOL!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Though I was fishing a world apart from you (I was on a Western Shore river), I definitely agree with the "strange" and "hard" morning. Just couldn't get the big fish to bite, even at sunrise, no matter what I threw. Did manage 4 dink rockfish. Then switched to perch fishing and only 4 keepers (about 10" each). Lots of little guys. Did have a large (presumably) rockfish take my kastmaster and snap my line after 5 mins of trying to play her in. Darn it. I'll add "frustrating" to the list of today's adjectives.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Though I was fishing a world apart from you (I was on a Western Shore river), I definitely agree with the "strange" and "hard" morning. Just couldn't get the big fish to bite, even at sunrise, no matter what I threw. Did manage 4 dink rockfish. Then switched to perch fishing and only 4 keepers (about 10" each). Lots of little guys. Did have a large (presumably) rockfish take my kastmaster and snap my line after 5 mins of trying to play her in. Darn it. I'll add "frustrating" to the list of today's adjectives.
LOL! You did have a strange day. Hey, four ten inch perch was way better then my day. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts