Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does everyone like to rig the stretchf 25 or 30's? Do you just throw one on a line with and inline sinker? (How much weight is typically needed) Thanks

·
Registered
404 Posts
I dont think you need any weight. Thats what that big plastic bill is for. I have always thought that the number of the strech is is supposed to corelate with the depth it is supposed to run. ie strech 25 25 ft, strech 15 15 ft. I also know tis is all relative to how much line and how far back you run them at varying speeds. Thats A lot of info from someone who hates to run them but still usaully puts one out now and then. Big Dave

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
I rig them with a short 50-80 lb leader about as long as the bait, I crimp a loop around the split ring end and crimp a loop on the other end.......the reason I do this is try to put a stretch on a swivel........it can be a pain, but with the short leader the issue is resolved!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've always just tied the stretch directly to the line (20-25lb) w/ no swivels. This only works with mono though. With braid you will need a short leader.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts