Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone on here know what the size and strength ratings of the stock hooks and split rings on a Manns stretch 30?

Thanks,
Daniel

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you are using them for any length of time of for anything OFFSHORE you will want to swap out the split rings and the hooks.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the answers guys. Just ordered some owner split rings size 10 rated for 220# and owner 4x 5/0 trebles.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've read on other forums they're good up to 5.5mph. I'm gonna give mine a shot and hopefully I didn't get the factory defect one and hopefully raise some tuna.

Daniel

·
Registered
300 Posts
I've read on other forums they're good up to 5.5mph. I'm gonna give mine a shot and hopefully I didn't get the factory defect one and hopefully raise some tuna.

Daniel
Might be a few out there that can swim at 5.5 but a CD30 or rapala xrap will pull all day at 6-7 knots. You won't even know it is out there. Careful with those stretches as they drift off to one side or another hit the surface and sling shot toward the boat.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Might be a few out there that can swim at 5.5 but a CD30 or rapala xrap will pull all day at 6-7 knots. You won't even know it is out there. Careful with those stretches as they drift off to one side or another hit the surface and sling shot toward the boat.
was going to say the same thing- could never get any stretch plug to run right. ever. at any speed. proceed to buy a large rapala- no issues even at 7 kts or so. so convinced now i sold all my streches at a fishing show this winter.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've got an old Rapala Magnum with the metal lip. The lure is about 9"long. I must have had this thing for 15 years. Anyone know how deep they run?

·
Registered
300 Posts
was going to say the same thing- could never get any stretch plug to run right. ever. at any speed. proceed to buy a large rapala- no issues even at 7 kts or so. so convinced now i sold all my streches at a fishing show this winter.
I don't want to knock the stretches too bad, they definitely have their place and have killed a lot of stripers for me but they just don't have a place in my offshore spread. The Rapala xpraps, CD30s, yo-zuris are just much more quality and swim a lot better at the faster speeds.

I have one of those old school rapalas too. Not sure of the depth of those though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts