Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
COULD ONLY FEESH one day at chco wrecks due to offshore wind. went out Thursday, and like a stupid a$$ , I went when I knew we should not have gone in my 19' maycraft. wx man calling for 8 to ten, and were met by 15-20, and atrociously ruff seas. made it out and instead of turning and going back in, we feeshed for a good two hours. took 10 ozzie dotses to hold bottom , and we never got a bite! six other larger boats feeshing there, and we never saw a net come down. super ruff going back IN to a headsea , and finally reached assholeteague point, and met by white water to our normal route home. after running south about 2 miles , finally found an opening, and slid thru it as fast as I could take my boat, about 10 mph's. sucky and dangerous trip for my son and I , and I take all the blame for putting us in compromising conditions. gwanning back this coming Tuesday, for a one day trip to same...that is.... if the wx cooperates with us!

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Yikes! I can't get to them but I've heard strong reports from the boats out of Lewes; several 5-6# and some 8#. You should save yourself and run up the road to one of their head boats!

Steve

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I will be there all week. We will probabaly fish the chincotague channel. I have a few spots that are great. If the weather looks awesome, we will venture out to the wrecks.

·
Registered
615 Posts
We were out there as well. It was pretty sporty on Friday, and even worse Saturday. Current was real bad Friday morning early but slacked off as the day went on. Still managed our 4 man limit both days, fish are finally getting bigger too.

·
Registered
14,317 Posts
Yikes! I can't get to them but I've heard strong reports from the boats out of Lewes; several 5-6# and some 8#. You should save yourself and run up the road to one of their head boats!

Steve
You can get Groupon coupons for the headboat out of Lewes. 2 for one........ Gary

1 - 6 of 6 Posts