Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as post says... not even a hit at the rips today. beautiful, flat bay all day. maybe the previous wind storm had something to do with the lousy feeshin today..who knows!!!

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
It was good see'n ya today, Butch! And no, I don't think you scared away all the fish. It was like that before you got there.......:yes:

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
feesh dont stick around long once the HB Pelican is on scene.......wont be long for its time for flatted trayt

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I feel hot.....caught 4 yesterday!!! No size and i didn't get there at first light....just after a little. I canceled trips until they show up again.......can't complain....it's been a pretty good time for a while. Nature of the beast......those darn fish have tails and the water in the bay is over 40 now and they will swim.....they'll be back!!!

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
leon...i relly do think that you have a cable problem with your engine. nice seeing you out there, too.

pete... nothing new for me not catching anything, it was a beautiful day, and first trip for me this year, so i didn't go home whining and crying.
and.. as mike said,,, the flat stuff is right around the corner now, and that is what i do mostly anymore, so it tain't all bad!

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Butch, the Ides of March are approaching quickly and the flounder will be on the move. At 17.5" this yr they've really thrown us a bone...man I can't wait. Come on down.

BTW, me and Hillbilly Jack fished sat and never got a bump. I searched high and low and marked a couple very small pods of fish but just couldn't get back on em each time. I even used my fancy dancy HDS to put a waypoint on them but couldn't circle back on em. Musta been small and on the move.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Hey Terp,

Bottom line.....numbers departed big time......nothing you can do about that. If you have to catch a big fish or get your head lopped off get there by daylight and fish the boulders. I'm thankful I don't have to do that or get my head lopped off.....whew.......

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
rtobert... were you inside or outside?

yeah... we went to watchapwuss last march, on a strong wind day(can't remeber the dat) and totally struck out, with not so much as a bump. my first flatted excursion will be the weekend you all are gwanna feesh chinco. will see you there, out on the water.

·
Premium Member
18,673 Posts
I spent the morning putting 30 miles on my bike riding around Talbot and Caroline Counties and then spent the afternoon at Snoodfest with the TidalFish.com Crabbing forum folks, eating and shooting some BS. The venue they hold the event is right on the river, looked beautiful out there. At least you got out there and wet a line. I have to second Jumbo, I think when those fish heard your engine coming across the bay they ran for cover:yes:

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
And so it goes, there's a warm early flurry, a million boats show up and the reactor goes down and it sucks, and it will get good again last week of March. . .

I'm going bass fishing. . . wish I could troll

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
And so it goes, there's a warm early flurry, a million boats show up and the reactor goes down and it sucks, and it will get good again last week of March. . .

I'm going bass fishing. . . wish I could troll
I don't think it will get good again until the last week in July. ;-)

BTW, I saw some guys trolling yesterday. I bet they tore 'em up!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts