Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11,095 Posts
My guess is that the cause is a weakened immune system.Polluted water & a lack of omega oils in the diet.

·
Registered
138 Posts
You got me...I'm mad b/c of all the big money, good lookin women and high livin that you 300 Donal Trump's have going on in Northumberland. Like I said...dullard.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Matt, et al, here's a little conservation story you might enjoy. Two guys were netting mullet in the Burnt Store Isles canals one morning about 2 weeks ago, Punta Gorda area. They pulled their boat and took off up Tamiami Trail, Rt 41, filled with mullet. A Charlotte Co Sheriff pulls them over and notices mullet still entangled in the nets in the boat. He calls for an Florida Fish and Wildlife Officer. They've got several problems. They tell the FWC that they caught the mullet 10 miles offshore. First off, there are no mullet 10 miles offshore this time of year, second it's illegal to catch fish in entanglement gill nets of a non cast net nature(Fl net ban). Third, FWC was made aware by witnesses, including a guy I fish, that a boat matching their description was gill netting mullet. BTW it's not only illegal to gill net, it's illegal to even use a cast net in the canals. This is a classic example of being dumb as a box of rocks. Final score-
Truck confiscated, Boat confiscated, all gear confiscated, $20,000 in fines. It appears Florida dont play when it comes to entanglement gear.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Capt. Frank, you stated that all you told happened two weeks ago. You spoke of the confiscations and fines. So, in just 2 weeks, they have been to court and punishment handed down? Sorry, I don't buy that.

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
I have read articles like that in the past. What was quoted was the maximum fine. The reporter just forgets to mention the "maximum" part.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Well Now

Unless Capt. Frank owns the paper, looks like a legit statement was made and supported regardless of the side of the argument you are on. :clap::clap:

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
this thread is about a serious problem with striped bass

if ASMFC does not take corrective action we will know they are incapable of making decisions based on science

1 - 17 of 17 Posts