Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Found some sea lice on the floor of the boat. This fish had the look of a sea run fish , big shoulders. Also tossing that cabelas rod gets a little tiring but gives the plugs great action.:yes: Estimated weight 14lbs

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Wow Chug...thats the fish you were telling me about.....never seen one like that...How'd it taste?.........:D
Nice looking rod and reel setup..........

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
A strange but FINE looking fish indeed. Although no stripes, it does have those big shoulders and head of a hard-fighting healthy fish. :yes:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Kinda looks like a sea trout. Seems to have a pinkish tone and splotches instead of stripes.
What kind of reel is that BTW?

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No issue with the taste. I fried nuggets rolled in ritz crackers in cast iron skillet. The rod was purchased at cabelas, line is 30lb PP, the reel is an old abu garcia , not sure of the model# but it is a smooth reel for its age. 10 years old. Gotta love those topwater explosions.:))

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
Wow i think I might have gotten a skin mount of that puppy. I've never seen or heard of one of those before. Should would be a good conversation starter hangin on the wall.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It would go good with a mount of my grandson`s 9lb striper caught in june at CCNP. The fish had a head like a bull dophin. Sorry no pics.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
that looks like one of the escapies (spell) from lake anna, he was last seen hanging around the exit pipies of the nuke plant

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
It would go good with a mount of my grandson`s 9lb striper caught in june at CCNP. The fish had a head like a bull dophin. Sorry no pics.
I've seen those and they are way more common than a stripeless one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts