Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my boss out Saturday in the Ptap. He said he would like to get a striper and some cats. We got to the dock at 6:00am and had an incoming tide predicted to be high at 8:30am. The winds were out of the north at 2mph and flat water. We arrived to a new hot spot around 6:15am and fished a dock with a halogen light pointing into the water. There were fish breaking as we pulled up. It was still dark so it was the only light around. We were hitting fish on both top-water and 4" storm shads. All of the fish were short the biggest being 16 inches but it was nonstop action for 40 minutes until the sun came up. We moved to another spot where I picked up a 21 incher on a top-water plug.
Water Sky Boat Vertebrate Watercraft

My boss switched over to a mepps aglia spinner when I told him we hit 6 cats last week on them. He put on a # 4 he had in his box, I only use a # 3 when perch fishing. He ended up putting 8 in the cooler, that"s all that would fit. The big boy in the picture was 29 inches and 13 lbs.
Water Sky Boat Sleeve Outdoor recreation

Food Fish Marine biology Seafood Fish products

While driving around I took a pic of an old abandoned building in the harbor. The blue skies and calm water with the reflection caught my attention.
Water Sky Building Plant Lake

Mike

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
I took my boss out Saturday in the Ptap. He said he would like to get a striper and some cats. We got to the dock at 6:00am and had an incoming tide predicted to be high at 8:30am. The winds were out of the north at 2mph and flat water. We arrived to a new hot spot around 6:15am and fished a dock with a halogen light pointing into the water. There were fish breaking as we pulled up. It was still dark so it was the only light around. We were hitting fish on both top-water and 4" storm shads. All of the fish were short the biggest being 16 inches but it was nonstop action for 40 minutes until the sun came up. We moved to another spot where I picked up a 21 incher on a top-water plug.
View attachment 279983
My boss switched over to a mepps aglia spinner when I told him we hit 6 cats last week on them. He put on a # 4 he had in his box, I only use a # 3 when perch fishing. He ended up putting 8 in the cooler, that"s all that would fit. The big boy in the picture was 29 inches and 13 lbs.
View attachment 279984
View attachment 279985
While driving around I took a pic of an old abandoned building in the harbor. The blue skies and calm water with the reflection caught my attention.
View attachment 279986

Mike

·
Registered
11,287 Posts
When the sun comes up on the Patapsco it's curtans for the shoreline bite. I always leave before 5 am to get where I want to fish before daylight. Nice catch ,those mepps catch good.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When the sun comes up on the Patapsco it's curtans for the shoreline bite. I always leave before 5 am to get where I want to fish before daylight. Nice catch ,those mepps catch good.
I still can still get stripers about an hour after sunrise on the shoreline. Then I switch over to perch.

Mike

·
Registered
11,287 Posts
Not where I fish. I've some over 30 in. until dark but nothing after the sun goes down either.It's like lights out. I've tried many times too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts