Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put a crew of 2 together late Saturday and 5:30 am off to Hampton. Picked up some frozen bunker at Sunset Creek Boatel and off to the MMBT by 7:30 am to calm seas and a "just starting" outgoing tide to chunk for Rock Fish. Around 10am we had 2 very solids runs, but your truly missed both fish. Note to self " When fish running away from the boat very fast, don't set the circle hooks." :D:D:D

Shortly after we got another run and after a hard fight, JB puts a very fat 27.5" fish in the box. Just a minute after that we get a really hard run and after an very exciting fight George put a 34.5" very fat fish in the box. An hour later we box a 23" fish and the bite turns off, so we are back to the barn around 3pm. 3 hook up and 3 fish in the box. Great fun on light tackle!

Good friends, great weather, good fishing!

Tight Lines To All,
Kevin
Weekend Mistress
Coastal Conservation Associations-Virginia

·
Registered
548 Posts
:thumbup: Nice going Kevin! Wish I could have made it but a "honey-do" kitchen project got in the way. I'm sure Dad and George enjoyed themselves!
Thanks for the report!
DB

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
WTG go Kevin thanks for the report.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Nice job dude~ Someone asked me about "chunking" I have no clue other than ::

My response:: Anchor - cut bait into chucks 2x2 and throw it in the water......add a hook to some bait, sink some, drift some and float some.......cut and throw out more bait........
I am even close Sir ?

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Striper Chunking

Jamie,

You nailed it!! :D:D:D

Very productive and fuel efficient too! :yes::yes::yes:

Kevin
Weekend Mistress
Coastal Conservation Association

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Thanx for the reply- never done it, just guessed off the top of my bean.....what do I know !

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Hold on! From a guy that fishes 7 or 8 days a week. And you don't know what chunking is??? I don't buy it for a second. :eek2: And, you are the most annoying guy on the board. Just kiddin. JK
Hey I resemble that remark- at least you know where I am coming from 24/7 and never blow smoke up anyones a$$ ! I never chunked I swear......I dont fish at night either - :yawn:

Bee2- yea I took her catfishing last week......:wacko:

If you think I am annoying you should hear what my other 1/2 calls me-

EDIT::: PS >>> For the RECORD~ I have NEVER been EELing either !

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Non Chunking, Non Eeling???

Jamie,

You have to try it! It's a hard habit to break!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Kevin
Weekend Mistress
CCA VA, CVSFA, SF, TF

1 - 14 of 14 Posts