Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Fellow Fishing Folks,

The plan was to fish the MMBT by chunking & trolling for stripers, just like we had been doing for several weeks. Got to the dock early and headed out with my regular crew and one guest we haven't had on board since last year at about this time of year. We were figuring we would put some more meat in the freezer and get some quality pullage too.

The water temp was 46 and cloudy, there was some choppy in the morning on the ride out and the tide was incoming until about 12:30 pm with WSW winds. We chunked on the incoming, trolled both sides of the bridge, and we chunked the outgoing. The sun came out and it was a beatiful day on the water, and our guest was patient and obviously on his game. He really put it on us today and showed us who's the boss. You may know him. He is about 7' tall, weighs in at about 225 lbs, and has a very distinctive smell. We had the big bad skunk on board. :D:D:D

Kevin
Weekend Mistress
Coastal Conservation Association
Stripers Forever

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
Hello Fellow Fishing Folks,

The plan was to fish the MMBT by chunking & trolling for stripers, just like we had been doing for several weeks. Got to the dock early and headed out with my regular crew and one guest we haven't had on board since last year at about this time of year. We were figuring we would put some more meat in the freezer and get some quality pullage too.

The water temp was 46 and cloudy, there was some choppy in the morning on the ride out and the tide was incoming until about 12:30 pm with WSW winds. We chunked on the incoming, trolled both sides of the bridge, and we chunked the outgoing. The sun came out and it was a beatiful day on the water, and our guest was patient and obviously on his game. He really put it on us today and showed us who's the boss. You may know him. He is about 7' tall, weighs in at about 225 lbs, and has a very distinctive smell. We had the big bad skunk on board. :D:D:D

Kevin
Weekend Mistress
Coastal Conservation Association
Stripers Forever
:D:D

Yes, I know him. He has fished with me many times over the years.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
I'm with Dennis on that one. You'll get'em next time Kevin.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Thanks for the report, Kevin....his damn cousin was on our boat, too. We worked the outgoing at the M&M in the turn for about 1.5 hours...had two window shoppers but they just tested the menhaden then moved on. We then went to the tube in 25 ft of water, and still could not get a nibble. I saw a lot of fishing out there today, but not much catching.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Man, that aint even right. You should complain. Ya just aint supposed to get skunked, chunkin at the M&M. I think evil powers are at work.

·
Registered
191 Posts
He must have jumped on my boat as we passed, we tried the troll and chunking also with the same result. Still like the M&M.

·
Registered
270 Posts
It just doesn't seem right getting skunked at the MMBT. It always seems like a sure bet when chunking. I have been skunked there twice this year. I thought it was just me.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Kevin,

Sorry to hear the smelly news. You'll get them next time! I'm in Charlotte reading these reports and rethinking my stradegy for the next few weeks. Thanks for the report. I'll be back tomorrow.

Good Fishin

1 - 11 of 11 Posts