Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Attention: All Those Who Are Doing Striper Charters

I'm looking to go an striper fishing charter that guarantees quality fish. They must also charge on a per person basis (looking to spend no more than $100 maybe 120). I will not be able to fish until the last weekend of December. If you are able to but me on some monster stripers doing this time please pm me or email me at [email protected]. Please let me know if you can fit me in during this time. Where are you located? Any striper reports lately? I've never caught a striper over 5lbs. and I'm seeing reports of 30+. I do not have any saltwater fishing equipment.

Thank you

·
Registered
462 Posts
No such thing as a guarantee in fishing...never heard of a charter for less than $400. That's a half day trip. You will be burning at least $100 in fuel alone so that capt has to make something

·
Registered
111 Posts
Try the Fishmarket out of Wanchese. Great charter. Sounds just like what you are looking for.
Show up any afternoon, should be able to pick out whatever you want and get plenty to eat for $100.

Anyway, you're looking for a make-up charter. Check with OI center or Pirates Cove for a Make-up 1/2 day striper trip, and there is NO gaurantee.
It's called fishing, not catching, for a reason. But you knew that.

Good luck,
Tom

·
Registered
203 Posts
I'll rent you a rubber raft, 4 rods, and a bag of eels for $400.00 and pull you out to the shoals.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Im just kinda curious as to what you think constitutes a "Monster Striper"? If 5 lbs. is your biggest fish to date, then that is easily doable. A 30 lbs. Rockfish is no monster, ive thrown back plenty of 30 pound fish to search for the 40's. I think your expectations are easily obtainable, but you kinda come off like a bit of an @hole saying that you want a charter that guarentees fish. Charters do not do this, there are way too many variables to guarantee anything on the water...Do some research and ask around as to who might be the best charter boat for hire at the time your planning on going. Im sure that boat wont have any trouble putting you on fish, but personally when i talk to someone who asks me to guarantee "monster fish" i wont take them at all, because thats the kind of people i know are going to do nothign but complain when they are on my boat. Especially since your also saying exactly what your willing to pay...You probly wont find a charter for 400 dollars anymore. Anyways good luck on your search...My suggestion is that you save your money till you can afford the going rate.

Capt. Jordan

·
Registered
379 Posts
This guy will definately be better off fishing at the seafood department of his local grocery store...Step 1. buy 20 lbs. of rockfish. Step 2. Throw in air tight ziplock bag and add 48 oz mojo in bag. Step 3 throw bag over board while boat is at full throtle. Step 4 let this R3tard reelin in the bag while the boat is still in gear. Collect your money and drop him back off at the dock!

Capt. Jordan

Everyone wins this way

·
Registered
198 Posts
I hate it when I guarantee myself fish and go fishin only to realize that THAT's the kind of cereal I EAT EVERYDAY.I guess that means I need a bigger boat.Can ya'll help me and that other 'guarantee guy' get a BRAIN-BAILOUT? Way to cut to the puke,CATO!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts