Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last minute decision to fish Friday because the weather may not move in as early as expected. So put a last minute crew together--Rob saw the post on TF for a crew and sent me a text message at 1:30 am this morning, so it took a text message from me and phone calls to wake him up and get him the boat on time. After calling Rob, while on the way to Hampton, I called Mike and he decided to join us at the last minute. Bill picked up the flat of bait and fish ice, so it was Bill, Rob, Mike, & I heading down the creed to striper chunk. Came around the corner of the Hampton River at 9am and the fog was so thick we had to hook up my new GPS while on the water just to find our way to the MMBT by about 10 am. :thumbup:

We anchor up at the MMBT with an incoming tide, 55 degree water and almost immediately Rob puts a 31" Rock Fish in the boat, so back it goes. Robs second time Rock Fishing and he is learning fast. The tide is slowing, there is still a lot of fog, but no wind and no rain-so we have the MMBT to ourselves. As the tide is just about to stop the fish start hitting. In short order we put 7 fat healthy fish in the box and they all are about 25-26" and we miss quite a few more, but the tide begins to turn, so we head to the other side. Still getting bites and missing fish, Mike hooks up with a 24" and we have our limit, so it's back to the barn to clean fish and clean the boat. It never really started to rain consistently until just before we start running back to the barn.

Not a stellar day of catching, but definitely another day of good weather, good friends, and good fishing

Tight Lines to All,
Kevin Smith
Weekend Mistress
Coastal Conservation Association-Virginia

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
way to get some meat kevin. i live to fish, but i fish to eat too.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Way to go Kevin....you need to start taking the camera. BTW get me that job application!:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Thanks for the ride Kevin. Nice fishing with you all. I went back like I said and managed only a keeper puppy drum. No rain, no wind till I stopped @ 11:30 pm. Tough day all around.

Good Fishin

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
your are correct on all accounts, very productive mister

·
Registered
782 Posts
I was looking at a boAT AROUND THE CURVE OF THE m&m FROM MY DRIVEWAY....WORKING ON MY BRAKE BOOSTER REPLACEMENT....AND WANTING TO BE OUT THERE....bUT i DID A SHORT HUNTING TRIP IN THE MORNING AND HAD TO DO THE DIRTY WORK....
IT WAS PRETTY NICE OUT THERE....
WE WENT THE DAY BEFORE AND MANAGED 15 STRIPERS AND A FEW DRUM....CAUGHT THE STRIPERS TROLLING WIRE LINE AND DRUM ON SHRIMP,RIGHT WHENT HE TIDE WAS CHANGING....

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
great report Kevin and WTG on the catch.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts