Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone fish blue fish rock or back river reef for stripers. When would you fish that area. Thank for any help.

Michael

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
I doubt you will find many resident stripers in these locations. What we should start seeing is stripers and blues chasing bait under birds anywhere in open water. Get you a good pair of binos and watch for birds and either cast or troll near (not over) the working birds. I think we have a while before the big ones show up but the schoolies will move out into open water actively feeding and chasing bait.

·
Registered
919 Posts
I had good luck this time last year at BFR. Only when the birds were there though. We trolled the column: topwater plugs, lures midway down (eg, storm lures) and used #1 and #2 planers to get storm lures to the bottom. When they were biting, THEY WERE BITING. We caught them on top as well as on bottom. Small striper and blues seemed to be on top, with bigger striper on bottom.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Thimble Shoals which is near has stripers, but there are much better places to be fishing for them this time of year. Check any of the bridges.

Good Fishin

·
Registered
379 Posts
I picked up a release citation last year just north of BFR, birds were working there for a couple of days in a row...But as southpaw said there are many places that are better then BFR and BRR this time of year. Did catch so stripers on live spot last year around this time on top of Back river reef though, nothing big just a bunch of schoolies

1 - 7 of 7 Posts