Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came home from work yesterday around 1400, took a look outback and saw a few gulls picking at the water...Saw one boil, so i ran and grabbed a rod. Made a few casts, but the fish were just a bit out of range, so i dropped the yak in the water and it was on...Picked up 5 small stripers between 16- 22 inches approx...After that bite was over, i paddled around the corner and casted at one of the points and ended up picking up 2 more speckeled trout...No real size to them, 1 at 14 and 1 at 18 or so...Wind picked up a bit so i paddled home and called it a day.

All fish were caught on mirrolures, stripers were in about 5 feet of water and specks were in 3 to 4 feet. This was in the Poquoson River.

5 stripers
2 specks

Tight Lines
Capt. Jordan

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
Specks in the Poquoson River. . . OK so now I am jealous. . .

Seriously I will bmail you my phone number and we can do a yak trip together. I usually launch at the end of Hunts Neck Rd.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im home alot and when i work im home by 2 oclock

cell phone # is 757-880-8697
Gimmie a call and we can set up a trip...

Always wanted to paddle over to the york side for a night trip and try casting the dock lights from the yak...
Ive done it from my skiff and its a blast, just gotta set myself up with a light system first

Capt. Jordan

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There's plenty...you just gotta find the right docks where the owner wont try and run you off for being 30 feet away.

Capt. Jordan

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
You can rig your own light pretty cheap. That is what I did.

http://www.tidalfish.com/forums/kay...ensive-all-around-light-rod-holder-mount.html

or buy one for like $45 at the local kayak shop.

Technically all you need is a flashlight that you can shine on yourself in order to avoid a collision. In addition to an all around light I use one of those LED head lamps as well as a regulation waterproof flashlight.

Maybe we can make it out Sat. night. The wife is going up to Tech to visit our son . . . I am available. . . .

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tom,

Love the light idea im gonna have to make one up of my own. Wish i could make a trip this weekend, but i heading to Randolph-Macon college for home coming this weekend, and will be out of town for the next 3 weekends. I will however be home from monday to thursday during the next couple of weeks so lets watch the weather and see if we can plan a trip one evening this coming week.

Tight lines

Captain Jordan

1 - 13 of 13 Posts