Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had any luck catching stripers up river? Someone said they had had some success at the power lines, but I was wondering if any stripers were still being caught there or near Tappahannock.
Thanks, Steve

·
Registered
49 Posts
went last sat.(10/22),put in about 8:am at garretts marinia, caught 5 most around bouy 19, only 1 keeper (22 1/2 ") my f.f. was not working but a buddy of mine in his boat says he marked fish all day. he caught 3 fish(2 keepers 2-20"/1-25")also we caught the last of an outgoing tide. we were in by 2:pm

·
Registered
226 Posts
Randy,

Thanks for the report, I didn't go on sat but heard that it was a little bumpy. Did you and your buddy catch them trolling our using bait?

I'll post if I get out this weekend.

Rappangler

·
Registered
49 Posts
we caught them trolling using small bucktails & small storms, we fished from bouy 13 to power lines & the water was like glass at times. i've got to do some yard work this week & winterize my other boat so i might not go this sat. but please post to let me know whats going on. good luck!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I got a call from a friend who fished out of Belle Isle State Park on Saturday morning. He told me I needed to come down early Sunday (but I couldn't) because they had caught all the small rockfish and decent size blues they could handle. He said they were under the birds from early morning to almost noon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts